No announcement yet.

dan shelton cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally agree. Hindsight is a wonderful. trouble is I now have a dilemma. Do I order another cue and chase my money back off him or stick tight. Im not lucky enough to have a money tree in my back garden

Comment

• Hmmm being tarred with the sticky poo brush!
      I guess its fair enough considering the circumstances.

I have been turning peoples money away in favour of making cues and then charging for them. Partly because of this whole situation and partly because I dont want the pressure of someone's money in my account, takes the enjoyment out of cue making.
      I have also done alot of deals on old cues with most of the main collectors and id like to think ive built up alot of trust from that.

When starting up I had some wise words from Trevor White, mainly saying to concentrate on making cues rather than making money.
      http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
        When starting up I had some wise words from Trevor White, mainly saying to concentrate on making cues rather than making money.
        That I can believe. In the few conversations I've had with Trevor ( regarding cues and cue making ), he has so much knowledge it's crazy. Trevor would prob. say it's just experience and things he's picked up along the way after many years of cuemaking.

Trevor's attention to detail is second to none ( imho ).

Some day I hope to order an ash Mannock replica!
        Last edited by Inoffthered; 2 June 2011, 11:20 PM. Reason: Chillin'

Comment

• Have been in contact with the invisible Dan this week and am more hopeful of receiving my order now than I have been for a few months.

Comment

• Possible light at the end of the tunnel then ? Good news .
            Nice guy Dan , meet him once as he re-finished a cue of mine .
            Hope he sorts himself out as considered buying a cue from him previously .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by nlm247 View Post
              Have been in contact with the invisible Dan this week and am more hopeful of receiving my order now than I have been for a few months.
              Can I ask what was said?
              Cheers
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• is he officially back and work on cues ??

Comment

• Glad you got some joy.IV just bought a black shark from Mike's shop in pool spec cost I needed a cue badly.really looking forward to getting that now.I never thought getting a tidy cue was so stressful. IV emailed and txt Dan to say I either want my money back or a definite date for my cue.wonder what will happen now?

Comment

• i remember dan once won a cue signed by waldo in the q bar logo contest on tsf a while ago but never got it (lets not mention the person who was supposed to send it to him). maybe this is revenge >=)

Comment

• No update from Dan but must say received black shark from Mike wooldrige this morning ands what a fantasstic bit of craftsmanship it is.really looking forward to handing out a couple of thtashings with it.hope to resolve things with Dan but my next cue will be off Mike for sure.

Comment

• spoke to dan tonight.good to have a chat aand hopefully he will be up and running and working on cues in next week r so.told him just to let people know what is happening with regular information and most people will be happy with that. light at the end of the tunnel

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonnycridge View Post
                          spoke to dan tonight.good to have a chat aand hopefully he will be up and running and working on cues in next week r so.told him just to let people know what is happening with regular information and most people will be happy with that. light at the end of the tunnel
                          Thanks for letting us know
                          Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

spoke to dan tonight.good to have a chat aand hopefully he will be up and running and working on cues in next week r so.told him just to let people know what is happening with regular information and most people will be happy with that. light at the end of the tunnel
                            Please send Dan my regards and best wishes. Let him know if there is anything I can do to help please do not hesitate to ask.:-)
                            If he needs someone to finish some cues he is almost done so he can get them out to his customers but cannot finish them because his workshop is not ready yet, I dont mind to help him out. A lot of his customers are also my customers and I just want them to be happy.
                            Last edited by poolqjunkie; 30 June 2011, 06:38 AM.
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Is there any chance we can get another picture of his windows?

Comment

What was his reply when you told him to "let people know what was happening"? Did he say "yes, I'll try" or did you get the impression he was just going to let things roll on without any sort of communication. I get the feeling that Dan is still probably "in bits" emotionally and financially therefor no cues or refunds will be coming soon. The guy probably needs some help to get out of his predicament and get back to some sort of normality. If it was me I think I would make a start at sorting out my family life although getting back to making some cues may help take his mind off things for a while.
                                PS Don't think getting a picture of his windows serves any useful purpose. Cruel attempt at humour perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X