dan shelton cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by trigger666 View Post
    out of curiosity did he give you a completion date??
    I did not even asked specifically, as I did not want to put Dan into a another "new" corner, also I know there are many ahead of me in the queue who have been waiting much longer than me. (you included?)
    I am patient and possibly very luck to have recently purchased a Shelton cue which I am having great games with currently, so I can "afford" to be patient.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      FAO DocJ - I mentioned your "orange marks" on your red-white-checker cue, he was mystified and if you wish to get in contact he would like to help if he can.
      Thanks for that. The marks weren't there when I got the cue though, so it's not Dan's fault or anything like that. I just noticed them one day, and can only assume that they must have appeared from a splash or something one night when I was playing pool in the pub. Normally i'm so careful about where I leave my cue though, which is why i'm a bit confused about exactly where they came from and what they are.........

Comment

• Originally Posted by DocJ View Post
        Thanks for that. The marks weren't there when I got the cue though, so it's not Dan's fault or anything like that. I just noticed them one day, and can only assume that they must have appeared from a splash or something one night when I was playing pool in the pub. Normally i'm so careful about where I leave my cue though, which is why i'm a bit confused about exactly where they came from and what they are.........
        No worries, I mentioned them to Dan because my thought was "possibly" the marks can from within the wood, but Dan should me a piece that came from that splice on your cue and there is nothing to indicate anything within the wood. Have you had any joy clean them off yet? Dan did not take any hinted offence but was genuinely puzzled that the marks would not clean off? I think he offers help in respect to guiding you on what to use the clean these marks without damaging the surface or the wood themselves.
        Cheers

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          I did not even asked specifically, as I did not want to put Dan into a another "new" corner, also I know there are many ahead of me in the queue who have been waiting much longer than me. (you included?)
          I am patient and possibly very luck to have recently purchased a Shelton cue which I am having great games with currently, so I can "afford" to be patient.
          thats what i thought you,d say lol ... hey ho !! will have to wait patiently !!!!
          http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

• Originally Posted by trigger666 View Post
            thats what i thought you,d say lol ... hey ho !! will have to wait patiently !!!!
            ever predictable me

Comment

• I have exchanged a few emails with Dan this morning and he has updated me on were he is currently with my cue.
              Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Dan never actually made the chequer... i'm sure it was dave coutts that made up that piece for dan.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                  Dan never actually made the chequer... i'm sure it was dave coutts that made up that piece for dan.
                  That is correct, Dave Coutts did build the checker splice for this cue for Dan.

Comment

• I was aware that Dan didn't make the splice.

I tried a bit of alcohol on the cue to try to remove the marks, and they don't look quite as bad now but I can't shift them completely. I've also re-oiled it as well now, so it's looking super sexy again

I remember seeing a TW cue on eBay, which had exactly the same splices, except there were four facing splices instead of just the one........sold for about £800 - £900 if I remember correctly.......
                    Last edited by DocJ; 26 July 2011, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I remember seeing a TW cue on eBay, which had exactly the same splices, except there were four facing splices instead of just the one........sold for about £800 - £900 if I remember correctly.......
                      Is this the one?

!C!oo-hQCWk~$(KGrHqUOKooEy+jC1DCGBND3tOV1ew~~_12.jpg

I'm surprised it fetched £800 + because as I remember, it was only around 53" long

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
                        Is this the one?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8112[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8113[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8111[/ATTACH]

I'm surprised it fetched £800 + because as I remember, it was only around 53" long
                        Yes, that's the one! Only 53"?! Perhaps it was custom designed for a table in a very small room

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
                          Is this the one?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8112[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8113[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8111[/ATTACH]

Very nice and unique looking cue.
                          Would certainly catch a lot of attention in a room. :-)
                          Were these checkers made by Dave Coutts as well?
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Has anyone had a cue off Dan since he got his new workshop or even a delivery date yet?

Comment

• emailed dan last week, still waiting for a reply..

Comment

• is dan on holidays or something? still not heard from him.

Comment

Working...
                                X