• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard linseed oil is flammable.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
      I heard linseed oil is flammable.
      The RAW linseed oil is not due to all the impurities, hence recommended for oiling cues.
      Else think how many snooker clubs would have burnt down over the years! LOL

Back to thread, I had an email from Dan a few weeks ago, sorry to say not much has changed, awaiting that new motor for the plain (I think it was?).
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I feel sorry for all the people still waiting for cues luckily for me i decided not to go a head and order 1 of his cues. Quite surprised some one has not punched his lights out thou. He sounds like he is full of bulls...

Comment

• He needs to give people there money back until he is up and running again. Otherwise no one will order off him again anyway.
          Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
            He needs to give people there money back until he is up and running again. Otherwise no one will order off him again anyway.
            In many other walks of life, if you take money under what could be considered 'false pretenses', doesn't it amount to stealing? Then there's all the workshop gear that was given to him to help Dan get started. The whole sorry episode is a disgrace.

I sincerely hope all those affected with a cue 'on order' get their money back, or at worst a shiny new Dan Shelton cue.
            Last edited by Inoffthered; 4 October 2011, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• People are in contact with him so surely they have asked him to pay back the money given his exceptional circumstances. Even part payment would show some good will as he may have had to buy wood/parts etc.

If he has not put that money aside, then thats a whole other reason not to deal with the guy.
              Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

• He told me he wasnt in a financial position to give anybody a refund, so the only choice we have is to wait and hope a cue arrives.

Ive gone past the annoyed stage now as its almost 2 years since I paid him the FULL amount.

Just hope he manages to get himself sorted and fulfil his outstanding orders, I imagine its very distressing for him the way things have turned out but its no excuse to not keep in touch with us.
                Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Burwat Champ View Post

its almost 2 years since I paid him the FULL amount.
                  oh for god's sake show some patience man!

The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    The RAW linseed oil is not due to all the impurities, hence recommended for oiling cues.
                    Else think how many snooker clubs would have burnt down over the years! LOL
                    I know mate, I was joking.

Regarding the comment Dan was getting a nice tan with linseed oil, I joked and said linseed was flammable.
                    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 4 October 2011, 11:01 PM.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• two years this month !!!!!! ive almost wrote it off to be honest ......
                      be a nice surprise if it ever turns up
                      http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                        I know mate, I was joking.
                        totally understand
                        I was trying to "go with the flow" as they say

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                        Regarding the comment Dan was getting a nice tan with linseed oil, I joked and said linseed was flammable.
                        Understood
                        I am planning to pop over to see him soon. [And I don't mean St.Lucia! I wish ]
                        Will keep TSF uptodate.

Comment

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                          oh for god's sake show some patience man!

don't know about " patience "......but dan would be a " patient " if i'd waited this long ! ;-)

Comment

• as anyone actually been to see him? and does anyone know how many cues he has outstanding.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                              as anyone actually been to see him? and does anyone know how many cues he has outstanding.
                              I saw him back in July (see http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...576#post590576) and I saw about a dozen cues he had on the go.

Comment

• Well i think face to face is always the best way in many situations if its possible not just this one, just for peace of mind & to see for yourself the situation first hand really.

Regardless of his personal circumstances Dan ran before he could walk plain & simple he's not the first & won't be the last but it would have been much easier & better i think to refund people & take away the heat instead of letting it run on & on like this as this has made things much worse.

I'm sure all the top cuemakers will tell you there is a big difference between making cues as a hobby & taking orders for cues its a totally different ball game, so i still think this is all part of the problem to.

We all make mistakes & sometimes you just have to hold your hands up & do the right thing.

Its the good people waiting i feel sorry for & hope there faith & patience is rewarded one way or another.
                                Last edited by CueAntW147; 5 October 2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X