Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Parris Cue Valuation

Good Afternoon,

I'm after some advice with regards to having my John Parris Ultimate Cue valuated for insurance purposes.

I purchased it around 10 years ago and is numbered in the 300's. Having looked on eBay there are listings claiming "Oldest Ultimate on eBay" with cues numbered in the 700's and going for good money so I am keen to find the value of my cue and having it insured appropriately.

Do older John Parris Ultimate's hold/gain value in the same way that 'old' cues do? Am I barking up the wrong tree and it's lost value?

Any information you could offer will be greatly appreciated

Hi, yep they do if they're in good condition. Parris's older cues have a great rep because of the kind of ash he was using back then, esp for ultimates. All of the early cues that I tried from that era hit well with superb feel because they were made of well seasoned english ash. I think more recently the ash available is pretty good again but there was a period 6-7 years ago when the 'best' ash really wasn't that good IMHO.
    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

for insurance you need to cover it for a grand because its a replacement cost. in reality its worth about £400-£450.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

its only really going to be worth as much as a replacement would cost as you are insuring for just that. Also it is only worth what someone would be willing to pay, maybe £450 on an average day, possibly as high as £850 for the right person. Thing is though you'll probably never find a good enough replacement so look after it cos no amount of money will buy you another.

Comment

Working...
        X