New butt needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New butt needed!

Hi all, does anyone know if it is possible to buy just a butt for a cue? Im after a 3/4 jointed butt about 17" long. The thread needs to be 16 threads per inch and half an inch long by 9.5mm width ( sorry about the mix of imperial and metric!!).

Im not sure if this would work because I assume cues are normally made as one.

ATB
    Danny.
    Did you put my "1" up ?

What's happened to the original butt? I've heard of some good repair jobs done regradless of condition.

Comment

Easily possible. Its better to have the shaft supplied at the same time as you can mar them up and get all the balance and spec sorted. Then its a case of either matching the joint, or rejoining the shaft. Wont break the bank either.
      sigpic <---New Website
      Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
        What's happened to the original butt? I've heard of some good repair jobs done regradless of condition.
        It's terminal im affraid, I chopped it up to make a new one!! Then I realised I didn't have all the equipment I used to have to make a new one. ( I know what you are thinking ).

Danny
        Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
          Easily possible. Its better to have the shaft supplied at the same time as you can mar them up and get all the balance and spec sorted. Then its a case of either matching the joint, or rejoining the shaft. Wont break the bank either.
          Thanks Dan. It's a really cheap shaft which I sanded off the varnish and then oiled.
          I was then going to make the butt from eucolyptus burr. The shaft is surprisingly OK.
          What sort of cost are we looking at, do you think? And if it is not in your capacity to do it (i.e. other work commitments etc.) who would you reccommend to do the work, in a fairly short amount of time with a reasonable price?

Thanks
          Danny
          Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Working...
          X