Jianying Billiards Snooker Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jianying Billiards Snooker Cue

Hey all, I am new to snooker and was just curious on your thoughts of this Chinese cue maker? I have never heard of them, but they seem to make decent product at a great price. Hopefully you guys have some opinions on it.

Thanks,
    Ben :snooker:

Jianying is an averge cuemaker in China, not so popular at home. Cues are not exensive. But they spend a lot on sponsoring the pros, such as Macquire, Stevens or perhaps Dott as well. I wonder how can they recover these costs.

Comment

How recent?
      And what makes you think its the best cue?

Comment

Blinky888, what cue have you played before?

Is your Jianying lacquered? I had tried one or two of theirs years before but they were not very impressive, don't know if they are improved. May visit their website though.

Comment

absolute piece of cr@p

Comment

Did you try it recently, sanman? Can you describe it in more details? I have tried one with checkers pattern, it looked ok but lifeless.

Comment

Originally Posted by Straight strike View Post
              Did you try it recently, sanman? Can you describe it in more details? I have tried one with checkers pattern, it looked ok but lifeless.
              I ordered 12
              all crap
              worst splicing I ever seen in my life
              I gave all away
              rubbish
              even for firewood

Comment

Are they around for quite sometime already or just recently. Never seen any of it, ever since I start playing snooker. But recently some snooker centre around my college is selling it. Price isn't too high but quality wise I'm not too sure.. ><

Comment

Order a dozen at one go?? Are you a cue trader in South Africa?

Comment

They have established for sometime, but not popular and not easy to find in large quantity at cue shops in China. I have never seen one in Hong Kong.

Comment

Originally Posted by Straight strike View Post
                      Order a dozen at one go?? Are you a cue trader in South Africa?
                      No

the prices quote was from 4 dollars to 62 dollars per cue from a particular range

so i just decided that if I did not get on with any of them I would sell them all

I thought wrong

they really sucked to the extent that I gave them away

i could not in all conscience sell any of them to anyone without the knowledge that i am selling defective stuff

At least their cue cases were not so bad

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                        I ordered 12
                        all crap
                        worst splicing I ever seen in my life
                        I gave all away
                        rubbish
                        even for firewood
                        .....the prices quote was from 4 dollars to 62 dollars per cue from a particular range.....

they really sucked to the extent that I gave them away....
                        Sanman - for the price you payed did you really expect to get the quality of a £400 plus cue
                        You seem to have totally unrealistic expectations - i remember you slagged off Andy Travis's cues a while back, i bet it was a similar situation, ie you buying very low BUT wanting a Trevor White etc class of cue

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Sanman - for the price you payed did you really expect to get the quality of a £400 plus cue
                          You seem to have totally unrealistic expectations - i remember you slagged off Andy Travis's cues a while back, i bet it was a similar situation, ie you buying very low BUT wanting a Trevor White etc class of cue
                          not true
                          I pay good moneyfor what i get

I paid 300 quid for a MW cue
                          I bought 6 UT cues from unclevit
                          dont see me slagging them of do you
                          But crap is crap
                          in the case of andy travis I did give it away to Terry davidson
                          The thing is the cues I got from Andy were really bad and not worth what i paid for them and they were defective.

Comment

I paid 300 quid for a MW cue
                            I bought 6 UT cues from unclevit
                            dont see me slagging them of do you
                            Well the UT cues wouldnt have been cheap (i guess) so these cues are in a totally different league to the "from 4 dollars to 62 dollars per cue" Jianying cues you have slagged off, so i say again -your expectations were far too high

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              Well the UT cues wouldnt have been cheap (i guess) so these cues are in a totally different league to the "from 4 dollars to 62 dollars per cue" Jianying cues you have slagged off, so i say again -your expectations were far too high
                              Trust me they were really bad
                              I guess the lower priced ones were not all so bad but the ones priced 20 dollars and above were really bad I cud post some photos to show them I guess
                              will do so next week and you could judge

Comment

Working...
                              X