No announcement yet.

My new WL snooker cue! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same cue and case set, slightly different pattern case, but as everyone else has said if you like don't worry, I love mine and have hit several 70 and 80 breaks not quite the ton yet thou. I paid 40 pound delivered for mine and love it although I have never played with a expensive cue. First thing I done was stick a mw super tip on it made a world of difference as original had like a black plastic edge and was shocking.

Comment

I have just bought one of these wl sports cues with out a case or extension but with a mini butt. This cue might have been manufactured in china, but is is hand finished. My cue is maple not ash, the splice is clearly not machined. I had an Argos special Riley cue for my first cue, and decided that I wanted to upgrade, I am happy with this cue and can tell the difference between machined and hand finished cues because my previous cue had no splice, and was machine finished. I don't pretend to be an expert but the first thing that struck me about this cue was the finish. My point is that the cue might well be from china but it is not machined, mine is with out a doubt hand made and spliced.

Comment

Stick some pics up Andy .....sounds interesting
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Oh, I forgot to say: I am what one would call a beginner. Played Snooker for the first time 5-7 years ago (don't know exactly) and since then only a few times a year. It was always hard to find someone to play with because Snooker used to be not so popular over here. Anyway last year I started playing in some kind of league for hobby players and am now playing about two times a month. Now I want to buy my first own queue and I am searching for the whole package (queue, extensions, case) for a low budget. But I really don't want to buy any rubbish... THX for your help

Comment

OK something just went wrong. Actually I posted before:

"Hey there,
            this is my first post here so first of all I want to say hello to everyone. Just in case there are some slight problems with the language: I am from Germay, so please be patient with me
            I just registered because I am about to buy one of those "Cue Sports WL" queues on ebay. It's this one:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=280826614121

So I would like to know If judging by the pictures on ebay anyone can tell me any specific details about the quality of the queue or just anything.

I made contact with the seller and he couldn't tell me anything about the queue and it's origins. He only told me that the badge at the end of the queue says "Cue Sports WL". So I tried to find out something about this manufacturer but didn't find anything but this thread. And there are several pages similar to this one:

http://uk110271469.en.gongchang.com/contact

Anyway I am not quite sure how much to spend on this queue and I would love you guys to help me out a little. But if you do: please be quick because auction end tonight!

Thx a lot!"

Comment

im sure there the same maker as woods cues. theres loads of cue and case sets on ebay some like yours some not. art-latitude is the ebay name and there all mass produced and come from jian lin in hong kong i know this as i purchased a 1piece blue n white leather imitation case from them for £30 all in, and ive still got the invoice. at the end of the day its your cue only you need to like it. i use a mastercue and have beaten many players who use parris, white cues etc as long as you get on with the cue thats all that counts so good luck with your new cue

Comment

If you like the cue, the balls go in, and you can run some breaks, then it's a great cue for you.

I have a John Parris fake cue that I sold years back after I damaged the shaft just below the ferrule. I could make anything with that cue. I would have gladly paid someone to fit tips on it for me if I had known that I would damage it one day using one of those bamboo tip clamps.
                Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

i bought similar package for a beginner wl sports, they are massed produced £35 for case cue ext, don't get me wrong shaft was playable, i know what im talking about, but not a cue i could use

Comment

Working...
                  X