need advices on buying a cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advices on buying a cue

hi guys, im looking for advices on buying a cue for myself.
    im playing 8 ball for most of the times. but also plays snooker or the chinese national standards(when im back in china).
    recently i began to looking for a new cue, and my budget is around 200-300euros.
    i have selected the following brands, but i dont know which is the best value.
    a. peradon b.mastercrfat c.stamford im also trying to contact trevor white
    but i doubt i can get one of his cue for this price.
    there is a shop in dublin which sell peradon cues, while the other brands have to be ordered online.
    and peradon has 8ball cues.also the 8ball pool cues range from55"to57", wonder which suits me better, my height is around 1m68cm.
    hope i have made my points clear
    would really appreciate your advices, thank you in advance.

with 300euros you will definately get a very decent cue mate..
    Have you try out any of the cues you have selected ?
    Only the user himself knows what's best for him.
    TW will take some time to reply.. you will have to be patient..
    There are some old threads about those cues you have listed, maybe it will give you hints..just use your search button.

Good luck in you search

Comment

do you know how to contact trevor white?
      btw, thankyou very much for your help

Comment

you can send him a email is user name is trevs1 but you will be in for a long wait anywhere between 6/8 months.

Comment

i think i will make the problem easier.
          i would like to buy a cue for playing both 8ball and snooker and my budget is 200-300euros
          any suggestions?

Comment

Personally i would go for something between 17-18 oz with a 9.5 mm tip and 57-58 " if your going to use it for both .

For your budget you will get a nice cue .

Comment

what brand will you recommend?

Comment

Originally Posted by davidwu View Post
                what brand will you recommend?
                Well it all depends how long you want to wait . I think all top cue makers will have adleast a three month waiting list , if thats not an issue then you wont go far wrong with a

trevor white
                mike wooldridge
                dan shelton
                aurora
                robin cooke
                dave coutts
                glover
                stamford
                tony wilshaw
                north west
                hunt & osborne
                gbl

Some will be within your budget , and some not mucka , unless you buy second hand . I may have missed a few but i would,nt hesitate buying a cue off any of these , but it really is a subjective decision as everyone will have their favourites .

Comment

hotpot Think these will all be over budget. All "top banana" cues. David probably needs to move down a level a look at Mastercraft and Craftsman. Maybe buying second hand would be the way to go. (Was very tempted myself by the O'min you had!)

Comment

Quite a few start their plain ebony from £250-£270 . So i think he,ll have quite a few to choose from .

The omin is a lovely cue and was a good buy muck .

Comment

if the cues are really great, then i can raise my budget, all i have to do is eat less for lunch in college,

Comment

if the cues are really great, then i can raise my budget, all i have to do is eat less for lunch in college,
                        I will advise that you get a branded used cue instead of getting a brand new one.
                        It will open up more choices, who know you might get a steal.
                        But most importantly, you need to provide the spec of the snooker cue that you are looking for.

Who knows you be open to surprises.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                          Quite a few start their plain ebony from £250-£270 . So i think he,ll have quite a few to choose from .

The omin is a lovely cue and was a good buy muck .
                          Plain ebony at £250 would be OK and bang on budget. Personnally I like a nice single splice and a couple of veneers which pushes the price up. The real problem in trying to stick to a budget is that you have to add a case of a reasonable quality and then extensions. It all adds up. Its well worth spending the money tho cos the cue could last you a lifetime if you look after it.

Comment

i was talking to trevor white on email last night, i got the quote, but after a few emails, he stopped replying, i dont know what was the prob. hope he will get back to me soon. i dont like second hand cue, for what reasons i dont know.

Comment

i was talking to trevor white on email last night, i got the quote, but after a few emails, he stopped replying, i dont know what was the prob. hope he will get back to me soon. i dont like second hand cue, for what reasons i dont know.
                              Why dun you try Tony Glover, Dan Shelton etc?
                              They replies...

Comment

Working...
                              X