need advices on buying a cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by davidwu View Post
    As i mentioned in other thread, even though im a chinese but i will not suggest people to buy chinese cues if they have the money to go for british cue. they are just better. its like comparing swiss watch and well made japanese watch, maybe the latter is more accurate and advanced but swiss watches are just better overall. coz they are the expert. like the british cue craftmen, they are masters, its their personal skills and experience make their cue better and more expensive not due to the materials used.
    Have you used a Chinese cue? You can not make such a claim about who is better... All good cue makers whether there are from UK, Canada, China, Thailand are all capable of making good cues given the right quality woods.

At the end of the day, it's what rocks your boat...

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
      Have you used a Chinese cue? You can not make such a claim about who is better... All good cue makers whether there are from UK, Canada, China, Thailand are all capable of making good cues given the right quality woods.

i have seen hundreds so far i have never seen a good cue from china although its just a matter of time.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post

off course i had. otherwise why would i say something like that. again as i have mentioned, the chinese manufacturer may have all the equipments of making a good cue but what they lack are the skills and experience. it is something that can only be gained through practice and time.

Comment

I am sure that some people would be able to perform with these Chinese cues, but we buy what we like.

I had hold of an oldish Chinese cue this morning when playing a bloke I have known for years, but not through snooker, as some will know, I have only just started to try and play again after over a 36 year lay off.

This cues is an absolute piece of crap, in my opinion. The wood is awful, he has had it altered and lengthened, as he is 6 feet 9 inches tall and it has two or three joints in it. I would not want to give him a £1 for it, but he has made century breaks with it and he likes it. as it is the only cue he has ever had. His father bought it for him to start playing when he was very young.

He had a look at one of my new TW cues and did not even make a comment about it - was most disinterested.So much for all liking expensive cues. The main thing is, I like them.
          :snooker:

Comment

many top notch cue makers in that list, I will look into these gentleman myself, thanks for the info
            Last edited by peeweedogue; 17 February 2011, 07:24 PM.
            Nice pot ! Thank you, but now I have "the munchies"

Comment

Working...
            X