Swap or saleing TW Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
    I think I might just do that Neil, when ever any one trys to sell a cue on this forum all the nutters come out, they have no interest in buying the cue but like moths to the flame are drawen in to make a comment.
    The cue is what it is. A hand made cue from a particular cue maker, with that come's a certian value. You only get what you pay for in my veiw, don't ya think?

As far as what it plays like Is irrelvant as what may play well for me might not play well for the next person and visa versa.
    Exactly mate , just did not want to see you do something too hasty and then regret it afterwards .
    Having 1/2" taken off my cue has not effected it in anyway .
    Let me know where you take it and we can meet up .

Now stop messing about with your cue after this and get on the baize
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Point taken Neil What ever happens there be no messing about after this, I feel that things are coming together at long last.
      PS: I'm going back to del again next year if your interested, by the way have you booked a coach yet?

Comment

Point taken Neil What ever happens there be no messing about after this, I feel that things are coming together at long last.
        PS: I'm going back to del again next year if your interested, by the way have you booked a coach yet?
        I'm getting more consistent now that i've made the alterations to my cue .
        Much prefer the round butt , just could not get on with the flat .

No joy yet with a coach , guy was supposed to be calling me back once he found a venue .

Comment

Heres the pictures as promised
          Off to H & O today to have my lovely cue shorten. I'm a bit worried that I might be doing the wrong thing, But I've been playing with a 56 inch cue for weeks now and my potting has improved and I haven't had a problem with the lenght at all. I'm also taking my JP down to have the joint moved so that the splices and the wedge on the butt line up with the grain. I used to play with the wedge into the hand but I've changed now so that it's facing up. They have quoted £20 for this work which I think is great.
          Just wanted to add I think there are some right nob's on this forum when it come's to selling cue's. They seem to think if you put a cue up for sale you must be desperate. They want you to give the cue away. My TW is made to the same spec's as ronnies JP ultimate. I know this for a fact as I got all the info from John direct. I wanted the cue to go to a good home but sadly there were no real takers. This does surprised me as I thought TW cues were in demand and there is a six month waiting list for them.
          I know the cue is class and would have been a good buy for a serious player. This is all water under the bridge now as it is going under the knife:snooker:

Comment

I can't see a single out of order post on the thread cazmac apart from possibly your reply to maryfield who was only making the point that many players have played very well with cheap cues.

As for "nutters", "nobs" etc then possibly you do open yourself up to a few chancers when you list a cue the way you did but you do that if you put it in the paper or on eBay etc.

Your cue whilst beautiful and finely crafted is such that a decent loss is to be expected on resale as part and parcel of it's being so unusual.

Anyway through all your trials and tribulations you seem to be making progress so good luck with the cue and keep up the practice.

Comment

Maybe I was a bit over the top, I read his post a couple of times and just don't get his point. No one ever said an expensive cue would turn you into a great player. I didn't say buy this cue and your become RO, hence my reply.
              Indeed I played my best snooker with a cue I brought for £30 from my local sports shop many moons ago.
              As for the nobs I'm talking about, they are people who have PM me with offers then they not to gone through with them. I've had two swap offers and one cash offer and all have fell through for no reason. "Time wasters" and one person I'm sure was looking to by the cue on the cheap to sell on. I was only asking for £50 more than I paid which Is reasonable if you want a TW cue and don't want to wait six months.

Anyhow the cue is with H&O now and I got a great price for the work and will be ready next week.
              I'm really happy that no one wanted the cue, deep down I did'nt want to let is go.
              Robert was really impressed with the cue and I quote "It is a really nice cue" his words and I think very nice of him to appreciate another cue makers work.
              PS I won't ever be putting a cue up for sell on the TSF as I've learned my lesson.
              Last edited by cazmac1; 25 September 2010, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Maybe I was a bit over the top, I read his post a couple of times and just don't get his point. No one ever said an expensive cue would turn you into a great player. I didn't say buy this cue and your become RO, hence my reply.
                Indeed I played my best snooker with a cue I brought for £30 from my local sports shop many moons ago.
                As for the nobs I'm talking about, they are people who have PM me with offers then they not to gone through with them. I've had two swap offers and one cash offer and all have fell through for no reason. "Time wasters" and one person I'm sure was looking to by the cue on the cheap to sell on. I was only asking for £50 more than I paid which Is reasonable if you want a TW cue and don't want to wait six months.

Anyhow the cue is with H&O now and I got a great price for the work and will be ready next week.
                I'm really happy that no one wanted the cue, deep down I did'nt want to let is go.
                Robert was really impressed with the cue and I quote "It is a really nice cue" his words and I think very nice of him to appricate another cue makers work.
                PS I won't ever be putting a cue up for sell on the TSF as I've learned my lesson.
                They are both top blokes Peter , you should have said you were going and i would have come down to meet you .
                They did a great job on my cue . I think the change of length will bring the best out of your cue .......and you !

Comment

Thanks Neil, I did put up a post saying I was going, you must have missed it,
                  It's a shame, It would have been nice to meet up.

Comment

Let me know when you pick it up mate and i will come down . Could do with a new tip on my cue as well .

Comment

No problem, I'm hoping it will be ready for saturday, I'll give him a ring on friday and let you know for sure.

Comment

No problem mate . Fancy a game as well ?
                        Speak to you in the week . i will pm you with my phone number .
                        Bet you can guess the last 3 numbers

Comment

Maybe 147?

Comment

Maybe 147?
                            How did you guess

Comment

Working...
                            X