Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fake john parris cue.

fake john parris cue.

a friend of mine bought this on ebay. comments please.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Well the joint is wrong, & the badge a bit too high for starters - any other clues ??

Comment

The case looks like it could be nice! Clearly uneven splices.

Comment

he didn't buy it from you....lol

Comment

Splices uneven,badge not inset correctly,wrong joint.If we were generous we could say "made after a very long lunch".How generous are you feeling ? hic.

Comment

the interesting thing is the badge itself is either real or such a good copy that its perfect.

Comment

i was told on saturday from a cue dealer over here that fake parris cue are doing the rounds again as he was offered 8 last week......so beware

Comment

Looks to me like the badge has been inserted in one of thoce Chinese cue+case+ext for about £30 off eBay jobs.

I thought the badge looked good before I saw the joint but am no expert.

What's your pal doing about it Andrew?

Comment

Badge looks good to be fair, although it seems its been messed with around the edges, joint not right and the cut & shape of the butt doesn't look right either.

Hard to tell from pics butt appears to be rosewood, now John has in the past used a particular type of rosewood when doing alterations or butt lengthening etc, but i don't think thats the case with this one.

Regardless though for anyone who's spent there hard earned cash & not got the real thing only a fake its terrible & just not right in my book, and thats assuming the seller actually knows, i wouldn't mind betting there are cues out there bought in good faith that may be fake and the owners don't even know, until maybe they sell it on.

Always best for anyone not sure to maybe ask the help of someone a bit more experienced if possible before buying, better to be safe than sorry, you normally find with sales like this, not always but generally the pictures are a bit vague or poor quality which should cast doubts then.

Other thing to remember is the red glue at the tips of splices is no sure way to tell either as this hasn't been used on Parris Cues for couple of years or so now.
                  Last edited by CueAntW147; 13 September 2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Is this the cue ??? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/john-parris-sp...item2c5753b39e

or are they breeding ! - same wrong joint

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      Is this the cue ??? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/john-parris-sp...item2c5753b39e

or are they breeding ! - same wrong joint
                      looks like the one mate.......

interesting he puts in the listing he got it from someone else and gives there ebay ID might have been expecting a problem then

Comment

well he got done by a guy with great feedback for selling cues who knew what it was i am sure! the thing is its not a bad cue at all its just not a parris cue!

Comment

I heard there are lots of fake JP cues in the far East.
                          I am thinking if he had gotten the right pin, lowered the badge and done a better job at putting it on, he could fool a lot of people.
                          It is a tough world out there on ebay.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                            I heard there are lots of fake JP cues in the far East.
                            I am thinking if he had gotten the right pin, lowered the badge and done a better job at putting it on, he could fool a lot of people.
                            It is a tough world out there on ebay.
                            I have seen a few in Singapore but most f them are badge classic, never seen one in special.
                            The worst thing abt the fakes is that the price is not cheap either. I remember seeing one for £150.
                            Then there was one classic with number!

Comment

They are freely available here by us. Normally sell for about 25 pounds. Nobody pretends that they are original though.

Actually plays OK ish - quite heavy. I bought one for guests as it is cheaper than a "normal" cue and does not look too bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X