No announcement yet.

fake john parris cue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its sad but unfortunately there's a lot of places you can walk into and get perfect badges made up.

I have seen loads of badges that have been made up and I guarantee nobody could tell the difference.

One guy who made some up actually said to me they're not really fake as the the exact same materials, fonts etc are used to make them as the one John has done himself.
    Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

shocking, especially for the guy that bought it.

a mate of mine goes to thailand quite a bit and he says he can get them out there, and their cracking cues nobody will ever know!

but i guess cues are the same as everything else, i've got a pair of diesel jeans from turkey that's better quality than the originals from the website, i've also got 2 fake pairs of armani shades that are different class, from falaraki i think?

if the product is good enough, how the hell are people meant to know, there's no saying in a couple of years, some chinese/thai etc kids aint making cues to the standard of parris, woodridge etc for a very small fraction of the price.....

Comment

short of microchipping cues I don't think there is a way around it. Even then that would only satisfy the actual cue manufacturer as only they would know if it is one of their's.

For me the lesson should be, unless you can see the item in front of you buying blind even from so called genuine sellers is ALWAYS a gamble of what you actually get. I'd never buy off Ebay, prefer to pay the extra and guarantee I'm getting the genuine article.

Comment

i guess that would go for every item you buy though and sometimes its just not possible to do that.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

my friends got a fake classic parris cue, his 3/4 joint is an airlock joint looks like a thai cue, the cue has 4 splices of a similar wood to snakewood with red veneers, its an obvious fake and he knows it is but it plays exceptionally well its dead and has a good ash shaft.

theres alot of people who dont know very much about cues and think they are buying geniune top of the range cues, my mate knows its fake and wouldnt try to sell it as genuine thats what wrong about it all

Comment

Originally Posted by the_paz View Post
              shocking, especially for the guy that bought it.

a mate of mine goes to thailand quite a bit and he says he can get them out there, and their cracking cues nobody will ever know!

but i guess cues are the same as everything else, i've got a pair of diesel jeans from turkey that's better quality than the originals from the website, i've also got 2 fake pairs of armani shades that are different class, from falaraki i think?

if the product is good enough, how the hell are people meant to know, there's no saying in a couple of years, some chinese/thai etc kids aint making cues to the standard of parris, woodridge etc for a very small fraction of the price.....
              You really shouldn't buy fake shades as they may not give you the full protection from UV rays...

Comment

I agree with the fact that alot of the fakes are good cues. If you put a Ferrari badge on a BMW and gave it to someone who didn't have a clue about cars they would say, hey this Ferrari(BMW) is a great car, i like Ferraris. Great car.... still not a Ferrari, and it's giving people the wrong impression about a product.

It would be good to see the top cue makers number all of their cues instead of just their top models like parris does. Then put the information into a database that buyers could access ie MW cue 105 has four snakewood splices, ash shaft, one piece etc. Alot of mucking around i know but they are only protecting their own businesses in the end.

Comment

Originally Posted by TheRowdyOne View Post
                  I agree with the fact that alot of the fakes are good cues. If you put a Ferrari badge on a BMW and gave it to someone who didn't have a clue about cars they would say, hey this Ferrari(BMW) is a great car, i like Ferraris. Great car.... still not a Ferrari, and it's giving people the wrong impression about a product.

It would be good to see the top cue makers number all of their cues instead of just their top models like parris does. Then put the information into a database that buyers could access ie MW cue 105 has four snakewood splices, ash shaft, one piece etc. Alot of mucking around i know but they are only protecting their own businesses in the end.
                  Wouldn't it just defeat the object though if anyone could access that kind of information. All the fraudsters would do is get a hold of this list and then they already have the information of what is needed to make the perfect copy!

Also can you imagine how much time and effort this would take for the manufacturer, having to number each cue in the right order, then list the details, hell you may as well go and create a cue licence and have a registration plate and get cue tax to use it for 12 months. Right I'm off now to take this idea to dragon's den.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                    Wouldn't it just defeat the object though if anyone could access that kind of information. All the fraudsters would do is get a hold of this list and then they already have the information of what is needed to make the perfect copy!
                    yes people could probably still copy the cue but you would end up with less copys getting around. Maby each cue maker keeps a copy of the details of each cue now it's just not advertised and each cue's not numbered.

Comment

Working...
                    X