Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lacqering my butt

Hi all,

I really like lacquered butt and i bought a lacquer spray paint and i coated several thin layers (after each layer is dried), but i could never get the uniformity and crystal plastic like Kevin Deroo's finish; can anyone share some ideas what might be doing wrong and if i want to do it myself, what is best way to proceed, step by step?

Thank you for sharing.,

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
    Hi all,

I really like lacquered butt and i bought a lacquer spray paint and i coated several thin layers (after each layer is dried), but i could never get the uniformity and crystal plastic like Kevin Deroo's finish; can anyone share some ideas what might be doing wrong and if i want to do it myself, what is best way to proceed, step by step?

Thank you for sharing.,
    Try to use super glue-- just put on coats of them, wet/dry sand and polish.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing.,
      i think his is done with shallac balls like french polish rather than a spray?
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Kevin deroo's finish
        are there pictures of this?

Comment

I use French Polish to good effect although it will wear off after about a year or so of constant use. However, it is very easy to apply a couple of more coats and it really brings out the colours of the wood.

You should be able to get it at any hardware store (ironmonger's in UK?) or else at any musical instrument shop as it is used on pianos and guitars to give them a glass-like finish

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

You can try epoxy finish. The epoxy finish, if done right, can be very glossy and hard, if that is the kind of look and feel you are looking for. Just apply epoxy on the cue and then sand it until it is even, polish it and then buff it up to make it glossy.
            A lot of US pool cues are finished that way.
            Super glue is the same thing, but you need lots of coats.
            You should find something to hold the cue as you polish it.
            What kind of set up do you have?
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Thanks for your replies, i do not have any setup, i only bought an automotive spray paint lacquer, i used my left hand holding the shaft and with my right hand spraying.

Comment

Thanks for your replies, i do not have any setup, i only bought an automotive spray paint lacquer, i used my left hand holding the shaft and with my right hand spraying.
                You would need some set up for sanding and polishing I believe
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

hi, i have never bought super glue in large volume, i only bought the tiny tube, where can y ouget that large volume of superglue, and does it smell bad and dangerous during the application?

Comment

Working...
                  X