My new GBL C4 Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new GBL C4 Cue

Recently got my new GBL C4 Cue, its awesome!!!

Its a 1 piece maple shaft with 4 splices of burwood finished with a single maple veneer. 58" 9.5mm 18oz. Fitted a GBL Granite Tip and i was off! Won 3 of my first 4 frames with it...buzzin

Felt at home with it straight away, quality of materials and workmanship are right up there with any others, and i have owned MW & JP cues.
    The thing that tops them off is the price, less than half the price of other marque cues!

Anyway just wanted to post to give my recommendation incase any of you are considering them.

Attached Files

there great quality arn't they i would go as far and say they are as good as any cue you can buy they are superbly made.

Comment

Too true - I've yet to see a bad one, tbh. They're also all players, the right sort of shaft to give you consistency and feel, which is what we all want, right?
      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

I,ve owned cues by a lot of top cue makers and i have a few here now and imo GBLK cues are the best cues you can get for the money both in looks and feel .

The one i have here is an absolute cracker , the attention to detail is spot on and i would recommend them to anyone .

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments and feed back, I'm glad you all like your GBL cues
          www.greenbaize.com

Comment

Yes, nice cues the GBL, the range offers something for everyone plus excellent value for money & Stu's a nice genuine bloke to deal with as well which helps, one of the good guys....

Comment

I heard nothing but good things abotu the GBL cues. From the pictures they look even better than the O'min and Master that I have seen.
              Are these made in a special place in Thailand?
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                I heard nothing but good things abotu the GBL cues. From the pictures they look even better than the O'min and Master that I have seen.
                Are these made in a special place in Thailand?
                Thanks pooljunkie.

Many people think our GBL cues are made by Mastercue or O'min ! that is incorrect our cues are made by a small company in Thailand, neither of the two mentioned above.

I'm confident that I chose the best people to make our own range of cues. I'm also sure that anyone comparing our cues to O'min and Mastercue will come to the same conclusion that I did, the GBL cues are overall made to a higher quality of Craftsmanship, but when you consider that we have a maximum of 100 - 120 GBL cues made every year, it means lots of time and effort is going into getting the cues right. Quality not quantity !

I must admit I'm a fan of Thailand cues, I don't know why so many people seem to rubbish them ?
                Mastercue & O'min produce great cues, and for the price bracket of £110 - £200 you probably can't get better.

Many will disagree, it's only my opinion.
                www.greenbaize.com

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                  Yes, nice cues the GBL, the range offers something for everyone plus excellent value for money & Stu's a nice genuine bloke to deal with as well which helps, one of the good guys....
                  Thanks CueAntW147, it's nice to be appreciated :-)

All the best
                  Stu
                  www.greenbaize.com

Comment

I looked through your cues on your site and I am very impressed with what I saw.
                    Is this company also making their own brand of cues? I am very amazed at what they can do, yet also suprised that they are not as well known as O'min and master...
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                      I looked through your cues on your site and I am very impressed with what I saw.
                      Is this company also making their own brand of cues? I am very amazed at what they can do, yet also suprised that they are not as well known as O'min and master...
                      As far as I'm aware they don't make cues under their own brand name, custom made cues only for customers.
                      www.greenbaize.com

Comment

Greenbaize, may i ask if you or other Thai cuemakers dyed the ebony(or ebony like butt)? Why I am so asking was that I went to the sole agent of one Thai brand in HK recently. The staff were trying to reduce the size of the butt a little, they peeled off the outside and I saw the bare wood was pale with dark grains. I did not believe that it would turn blackish naturally after polished.

Comment

The quality of ebony used for our GBL cues means there is no need to try to disguise or cover any brown flecks in the ebony. Our cues are oil finsihed only so no need to worry if you decide to have the butt thinned down.
                          There are companies ( not just Thai cuemakers ) who do blacken the ebony to disguise a maybe less desirable piece of ebony, the tell tale sign is they normally apply a thicker finish to the butt to protect it being worn off.

I know that most players when buying a ebony butt cue want a piece of ebony to be black with no imperfections, but it's very hard to find ebony without some light brown lurking somewhere ! and just because it has some brown doesn't mean the ebony is poor quality.

Natural is always best if you ask me. NO need to cover
                          www.greenbaize.com

Comment

Originally Posted by GreenBaize View Post
                            The quality of ebony used for our GBL cues means there is no need to try to disguise or cover any brown flecks in the ebony. Our cues are oil finsihed only so no need to worry if you decide to have the butt thinned down.
                            There are companies ( not just Thai cuemakers ) who do blacken the ebony to disguise a maybe less desirable piece of ebony, the tell tale sign is they normally apply a thicker finish to the butt to protect it being worn off.

I know that most players when buying a ebony butt cue want a piece of ebony to be black with no imperfections, but it's very hard to find ebony without some light brown lurking somewhere ! and just because it has some brown doesn't mean the ebony is poor quality.

Natural is always best if you ask me. NO need to cover
                            Quite right at the end of the day woods wood so it should be natural, i'd rather see the grain showing through as it gives it authenticity rather than something dyed black.

I've stripped cues back that have been lovely underneath, others have been terrible starting off black & ending up light brown.

In fact back the day with old cues the grain would have been more important & allowed to come through thinking about maccasser ebony which looks beautiful in its natural state polished up.

Yet today it would probably be dyed black, nice grain like this shouldn't be hidden, but i suppose its the other stuff where you get a light patch of light brown in amongst the black, that doesn't look so good hence the decision to dye it or not, for a better looking end product.

Comment

Hi there,
                              Is there anywhere else to buy GBL cues from in England (further south)
                              or is the Green Baize shop the only place?

ATB
                              Dany
                              Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Working...
                              X