GBL vs Mastercraft ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBL vs Mastercraft ??

Seeing as I'm waiting for Dave to get back of holiday to discuss a custom cue with him, Ive been checking out the GBL cues mainly the C3 models which look great.

the bonus with GBL is I reckon i could get a cue I want within couple weeks where as 6-8 weeks + for mastercraft. Which I dont really want to wait as I had my old queue stolen.

So my post comes down to, does anyone have an experiance with GBL vs Mastercraft? hows GBL's craftsmanship and overall quality?

thanks all:snooker:

Well i have only ever read good things about GBL cues, everybody saying they are top quality, so that with the fact you can get one pretty quickly should make it easier to decide
    Stu usually has loads in stock so why the couple of weeks wait ?
    (unusual specs ?)

Comment

couple weeks was just my estimation, just want to be 100% before i place my order

Comment

I've had cues from both Green Baize and Mastercraft, and I'd recommend Green Baize hands-down. The quality is streets ahead on the GBL cues: the quality of the shafts, butts, woods used, splicing, balance, joints, ferrules; in short everything is better. Stu is also sooo helpful at finding the exact cue you need, and the more details you give him the better he can help you.
        The only area where Mastercraft are "better" is in the pricing area, as their cues are cheaper, but the value-for-money advantage is definitely with Green Baize.

I'd also go as far as to say that the GBL cues are as good as any out there - I've had/played with/seen Trev White's, Dave Coutts', Robin Cook's, Tony Glover's, Tony Wilshaw's, Mike Wooldridge's, John Parris', B&W's etc and the GBL cues are as well-made, if not better than, as any of the above-mentioned maker's cues.
        Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Please correct me if it is wrong, i though GBL cues are not custom made cues where Mastercraft is made to customer's spec?

Comment

Originally Posted by amashun View Post
            Please correct me if it is wrong, i though GBL cues are not custom made cues where Mastercraft is made to customer's spec?
            I generally get snooker spec cues made to length 58", tip size 9.5mm - 9.7mm weight between 18 - 19oz as a rule but we also have some cues outside of these spec's for stock.
            We can have cues altered to customers required specifications if needed.

I hope this helps.
            www.greenbaize.com

Comment

Originally Posted by GreenBaize View Post
              I generally get snooker spec cues made to length 58", tip size 9.5mm - 9.7mm weight between 18 - 19oz as a rule but we also have some cues outside of these spec's for stock.

I hope this helps.
              That's what I was going to say too, Stu! lol
              Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by GreenBaize View Post

I hope this helps.
                sounds good mate, i'm tempted to try one myself.

Comment

Working...
                X