King Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by grf741 View Post
    ......I'll try and get a couple of pic's on.
    Could you please take a pic of the joint - as the Craftsman's site says
    "Fitted with New 3/4 quick lock joint, unique to the King Cue range"
    edit - ok just found a pic on their website http://www.kingcue-thailand.com/
    Last edited by jrc750; 27 September 2010, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Could you please take a pic of the joint - as the Craftsman's site says
      "Fitted with New 3/4 quick lock joint, unique to the King Cue range"
      edit - ok just found a pic on their website http://www.kingcue-thailand.com/
      [ATTACH]4989[/ATTACH]
      That's the one. It is seamless with the cue too. The cue feels really well made.

The joint engages really well but feels slightly stiffer when tightening compared to my previous cues.

Comment

The Craftsman King Cues have a wider price range because the cheaper models have Laos ebony. Anyone have comments on Laos ebony? Does it look/feel very different up close?
        Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

the joints in these cues will fit the green baize cues aswell,

i was talking to stu last week about a blue ray ext for gbl cues and he said the king cues ext he has fits them aswell

Comment

Originally Posted by grf741 View Post
            I bought the Zeus cue for £125.

It feels so much nicer (to me) than the other cues in the shop, I tried out some much more expensive cues too. It looks nice and has a really ergonomic butt.

I feel real confidence when playing shots with it and I am so happy with my purchase.

It feels solid, responsive and has a natural finish with no lacquer on the shaft.

I'll try and get a couple of pic's on.
            Gotta say i did exactly the same... i went to Craftsman and tried 5 cues at 59" and i settled for the cheaper Zeus cue... i askled Simon why the price difference and he said it was down to the quality of the ebony in the butt... gotta say it feels and plays very nice though!!

Comment

Hi

I know these posts are old, but thought I'd let you know, I purchased a KingCue from craftsman, and boy are they good. I ordered online, got the cue and wouldn't change for any other make. Oiled shaft so no sticky feeling or any of that lacquer crap. Straight as hell !!

If you can get one, I suggest buying it, I have a john parris, and to be honest, I prefer the KingCue.

I purchased mine in November, since then I have 7 other people who have tried my cue, and did the same, ordered one online.

Lastly I went onto their website today however, but they do not seem to have the KingCue link anymore, strange....

Comment

Originally Posted by pinguS View Post
                ....Lastly I went onto their website today however, but they do not seem to have the KingCue link anymore, strange....
                Could be that they have sold out, or quite possibly not stocking them anymore. A little bird told me that Master Cue were putting pressure on dealers who were selling both brands
                (Master Cue and King Cues are somehow family linked and there is a bit of a falling out between them)

Comment

I have a king cue Taurus one its not that good to be honest had a few good breaks with it the highest been 106 now looking for a tw or jp cue 9mm about 18 oz if anyone selling one dv:snooker:

Comment

stu green at green baize told me the three main suppliers of kings cue in the uk are green baize, craftsman and martin chesworth however something has happened i dont exactly what but the will not be stocking the king cues in future

Comment

Yeah I live near craftsman and they don't stock them no more m8.I think these cues r cheap and nasty anyway

Comment

Originally Posted by antsumner View Post
                        Yeah I live near craftsman and they don't stock them no more m8.I think these cues r cheap and nasty anyway
                        Well to be fair you did buy the cheapest one in the range, the more you pay the ebony is a better quality and the ones i saw at Greenbaize looked very good quality indeed, just a bit loud in their designs for my taste.

Comment

Is it only Craftsman that are not selling them anymore, or are greenbaize and chesworth not either.

Also why are most if not all cue suppliers like Craftsman up north, is there anywhere nearer Berkshire? Who would do these type of cues? Sorry for post hyjack question.

Comment

most cues that craftsman say that r handmade in there premises r not at all they r all imported in and craftsman badge them up.i know this for a fact a lad who i know works there

Comment

sorry for digging thread, but anyone gotten king cue recently? hows the quality?

Comment

Originally Posted by antsumner View Post
                                most cues that craftsman say that r handmade in there premises r not at all they r all imported in and craftsman badge them up.i know this for a fact a lad who i know works there
                                If this is true I find it very upsetting as I purchased a Craftsman Special Cue and was told it was hand made by Dave Brown Maybe someone from Craftsman Cues could clear up this matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X