Do Americans buy nice Cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Americans buy nice Cues?

Just wondering if others from the US buy nice snooker cues, by nice I mean Mike Wooldridge, Trevor White, or maybe Parris. I'm considering a cue now, with a case by the cuemaker, and postage to the US, but it totals to more than double the cue value. I know I need a case that provides good protection, but I'm not so sure about how good a case I need, or where to get it. and how much I should expect to pay for an adequate one. Shipping alone is 80 pounds. Is this a bad idea?

Thanks,

Renegade
    Renegade_56

Mike Wooldridge Black Shark

Raffle For Chris Nitti Custom Pool Cue

www.classifiedbillards.com/mybb

I have sold a 1 piece snooker cue to a very nice gentleman from the US. I am not sure if my cues are considered nice. Postage was not 80 pounds.
    It is probably difficult, if not impossible, for you to get a 1 piece or 3/4 case in the US. If you need to fly with your cue, you really should get a decent case. If you only play at home I guess you can do without a case.
    Some people also like to get just a snooker shaft made for their pool cue. I personally do not recommend that but that is just my opinion.
    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 30 September 2010, 06:18 AM.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
      I have sold a 1 piece snooker cue to a very nice gentleman from the US. I am not sure if my cues are considered nice. Postage was not 80 pounds.
      It is probably difficult, if not impossible, for you to get a 1 piece or 3/4 case in the US. If you need to fly with your cue, you really should get a decent case. If you only play at home I guess you can do without a case.
      Some people also like to get just a snooker shaft made for their pool cue. I personally do not recommend that but that is just my opinion.
      poolqjunkie's work with cues, his shaft as well as splicing are amongst the best there is especially his shafts. I would recommend you getting a cues from him as it would save you a lot in terms of postage as well. added to the fact that you would be getting a top quality cue.

Comment

Thank you. There are quite a few very good cue makers around whose work are all top notch.
        I believe to ship a cue from the UK to the US can be done for about 45 GBP or may be under. It is cheaper if you only ship the cue, without the case.
        But the problem is to buy a case in the US is almost impossible. So I can relate to what the original poster was saying, that after adding the cost of a case and shipping it becomes a lot more.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Renegade_56 View Post
          Just wondering if others from the US buy nice snooker cues, by nice I mean Mike Wooldridge, Trevor White, or maybe Parris. I'm considering a cue now, with a case by the cuemaker, and postage to the US, but it totals to more than double the cue value. I know I need a case that provides good protection, but I'm not so sure about how good a case I need, or where to get it. and how much I should expect to pay for an adequate one. Shipping alone is 80 pounds. Is this a bad idea?

Thanks,

Renegade
          the answer i have found is not very often, but when they do they buy the best. i think because compared with U.S pool cues our cues are very good value for money - i have special one piece cases that you can post a cue in for £40 to anywhere in the world via dhl so its not always as bad as you think.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

renegade:

I live in Southern Ontario not far from Buffalo, NY (not sure where in the STates you are) however I go looking for a good cue every once in awhile and I end up with a bunch of really good used snooker cues here at my training facility (I'm also a Master Coach) which I sell off from time to time.

In $US my prices would be somewhere around $300 to $750 plus shipping for some really good 1-piece and 3/4-butt snooker cues which have all been tested by me and in some cases modified (new ferrule, straightening, etc).

Shipping to you would be somewhere around $40-$50 or even less depending on which method is used.

If you would like to have a chat regarding snooker cues email me at - terrydavidson45(at)gmail(dot)com - and I will send you my phone number.

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

renegade:

I forgot to add all these cues come with sturdy cases and 2 extensions included in my price (extensions you may not know about but I will explain)

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
              X