Positive experience from John Parris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive experience from John Parris

I turn up at John Parris in forrest hill this morning and the shop is in an alley way tuck away from the high street. My GPS located it with no problem.

I spent a good 40 mins trying out all the cue available on the rack and finall settled with 2 professional range cue. I got the 2 cue measured and I choose the lighter one out of the 2.

I wanted a SD join and they done it there and then for me and it took about half an hour. I was the only one there at first but then if got busy. John was professional at all times helping a kid to choose the right cue, 2 other customer with their own requirments.

The shop looks rubbish, there is not enough staff as only John at firont of house and someone in the workshop. But in terms of the quality of the cue and their knowledge I couldn't care less.

The only thing I wish they would have is a proper table, they have a quarter size table with full size balls. I have 14 days to try out the cue if not right in anyway he told me to bring it back and change it.

So finally here is a pic of the cue

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...2&id=643040545

Nice one! Can I ask you for the full spec? Length weight etc. How many were on the rack to choose from?

Comment

The cue weight at 18.7
      Length 58"
      9.5mm tip

I tested all their cues on the racks all together approx 30 cues.

Comment

In my opinion thats the best looker in the range, especially if the reds nice and dark as yours looks to be, just my specs too

Comment

I overheard a guy asking whats the weight and length of the cue on the rack and the reply was all around the same 9.5mm 57-58 and 18-19oz, those are the most popular choice and they make more of those. Others specs available but will be made to measure

Comment

Lovely looking cue, strongbone:snooker:

I especially love the spacing between chevrons, I'd imagine the rest of'em are evenly spaced as well

I've had two excellent experiences with John, the first time with a Regal off the rack cue & the second time with a lovely 1 pc Ultimate
            Winner of C77's Masters Fantasy Game 2010
            Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

I went there in 1991 and things did not seem to have changed at all. The small snooker table was being placed right behind the main door next to the wall. I could only played the shots from 2 sides of the table. There was an tall old man with silver hair, probably in his sixties, working at the worshop and he ought to have been retired by now.

I shaked hand with hom and found that his hand was so soft. I could hardly believed that he would build cues with that pair of hands.

It was 20 years ago.....

Comment

exactly the same, the kids trying to pot near the door and nearly break the glass on the door when someone opened it from outside

Comment

Working...
                X