No announcement yet.

Fake JP Mannock???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so has anyone ever seen a mannock with with the both sets of splicing machined?

busting to know what my cue is!

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post

Even the very best of "faked" cues won't get by the eyes of those people with REAL knowledge. At least not most of the time.
      Trevor, I heard that you took some convincing that it was a replica, when Nick K showed you the Non Pareil replica cue that Tony Glover made?
      Nice cue that.

www.tgcues.weebly.com
      http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
        Older Mannocks are pretty easy to spot. Things such as timbers used, gluelines, splice length and shape, weight stamps, makers stamps, bottom of butt ends, ferrules and even the smell of them, are some of the indicators.
        OK, smell????

Finally, I have evidence that I'm not the only tinkerer and nutjob this game has found a place for!!

I have seen a lot of cues over the years but never smelled one before. Somehow, a little voice inside me says I should go around smelling other people's shafts now.
        Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
        My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Yip, my cue smells....

Theres a distinct smell to my trev alright, i'd recognise it anywhere...:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
            Yip, my cue smells....

Theres a distinct smell to my trev alright, i'd recognise it anywhere...:snooker:
            Maybe Trevor used real blood on that bloodwood

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
              Yes there was a ladies version of the Mannock I believe. Very rare also.
              Were they marked/made differently or just had with a slimmer butt? Was it common to see ladies version back in those days with other cues?
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
              X