My Peradon Pro - on it's way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Peradon Pro - on it's way!

Just purchased this cue from a seller in UK. Can't wait for it to arrive! Will put up my review once I get the cue. Hope the cue is in good condition and straight as the seller says it will be.

Specs:

Peradon Pro Hand Spliced cue
    Length: 147.5cm / 58 inches.
    Joint Position: 41cm / 16 inches.
    Weight: 18.5oz.
    Tip size: 9.5mm.
    Mini Butt and telescopic extension Included.
    Attached Files
    Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
    My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
    Just purchased this cue from a seller in UK. Can't wait for it to arrive! Will put up my review once I get the cue. Hope the cue is in good condition and straight as the seller says it will be.

Specs:

Peradon Pro Hand Spliced cue
    Length: 147.5cm / 58 inches.
    Joint Position: 41cm / 16 inches.
    Weight: 18.5oz.
    Tip size: 9.5mm.
    Mini Butt and telescopic extension Included.
    You're a braver man than I am... good luck with your purchase!

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
      You're a braver man than I am... good luck with your purchase!
      I couldn't resist at the price was fair. Seller bought a new Parris supposedly.

Comment

Hello LongBomber,
        Looks like a nice cue, Maple I think, I purchase a maple with ebony butt from Peradon a few years ago, the quality of the maple and ebony was excellent. I payed quite a bit as I ordered from Cue Wizard Online, got what I payed for, still as straight as when I purchased. Hope you are going to be satisfied with this cue. Is this a recently made cue or a vintage Peradon Cue.?
        Cheers, Mate,
        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
          Hello LongBomber,
          Looks like a nice cue, Maple I think, I purchase a maple with ebony butt from Peradon a few years ago, the quality of the maple and ebony was excellent. I payed quite a bit as I ordered from Cue Wizard Online, got what I payed for, still as straight as when I purchased. Hope you are going to be satisfied with this cue. Is this a recently made cue or a vintage Peradon Cue.?
          Cheers, Mate,
          I believe it's an older cue and it's almost certainly ash (see the pic showing the tip/ferrule). I play with maple now but would welcome going back to ash as I once used it before on a fake John Parris cue

Comment

Nice cue there mate.. hope this new cue brings you luck in your game..

Happy poting

Comment

Looks like a great cue, Congrats!

Comment

As Borat would say "Great Success!"

Cue arrived this morning but I was asleep. Woke up and headed out to the UPS depot at the airport. Went straight to the club!!!

Cue was not perfectly straight as seller had promised. There seems to be a kink about 5 inches from the ferrule. Wondering if it might have gone warped in transit from temperature and humidity changes? The seller used the same packaging as his John Parris cue shipped in.

Anyways, I took a few shots with the cue and it has a distinct Peradon hit to the cue. Absolutely superb for long pots and very easy to make balls with! It's an excellent cue and I'm delighted with the purchase!

Long balls are FAR easier to make now

Comment

Hey there mate.
                  Really pleased for you that your cue is as you hoped

Quick question (from someone who knows very little about cues), Since there's the kink in it, how will that affect your shots and what will you do to get it sorted?

Reason I ask is that I've seen a cue that looks great but has this in the description:
                  " has a slight bend and the top of the cue. It's nothing major and nothing that a little bit of careful bending can't fix."

Many thanks,
                  -Matt

Comment

Originally Posted by Logistiks View Post
                    Hey there mate.
                    Really pleased for you that your cue is as you hoped

Quick question (from someone who knows very little about cues), Since there's the kink in it, how will that affect your shots and what will you do to get it sorted?

Reason I ask is that I've seen a cue that looks great but has this in the description:
                    " has a slight bend and the top of the cue. It's nothing major and nothing that a little bit of careful bending can't fix."

Many thanks,
                    -Matt
                    Well this cue is bent along the ash arrows so seeing as how I cue with the arrows on both sides, it's bent up/down along my cueing line. So overall, it's not a massive issue but it could become worse over time (any bent shaft is bound to either have a flaw, or has gone out of line over it's lifetime so could get worse).

Cue straightening isn't an exact science to be sure but there are a few ways to go about it. Terry Davidson is the TSF authority on the subject and he has supposedly had good success straightening cues.

First off, it's important to understand wood:

1. Cues are wood so naturally have pores, air pockets, sap, etc.
                    2. Ash is more porous than hard rock maple but both can be made more/less porous with chemical treatments, letting the timber rest, oiling, pressure treating etc.
                    3. Logically, shafts bend more than butts because they are thinner.

Strategy one: Hang it. There are cue hangers that supposedly could straighten a cue over time but it's a long process and using additional weights may help. The cue should hang from the tip so that the weight brings any unnatural kinks back to the wood's original, factory finished state (which hopefully is to be dead straight!)

Strategy two: Force it back straight by hand. This isn't for the inexperienced and you really need to know what you are doing! With gentle prodding over several days/sessions, it's possible to force the wood in a given direction (just think how they bend wood for furniture for example).

Strategy three: Steam/Heat the wood. Supposedly, this can affect the wood permanently and again is for the experienced hands of a craftsman.

Since I'm no craftsman or expert, I'm going with strategy one and will hang the cue when not in use. If the kink doesn't go away, I might enlist the help of a local cue artisan (like Kevin Deroo or Lance) and seek further help. Terry might be an option too but I'm hesitant to ship the cue (fearing that's what made it kink in the first place).

Hope that helps

Comment

It certainly did help mate! Really appreciate the information you've provided.

Comment

No worries m8. WARNING: Please, please if you don't know how to straighten a cue, it's your first time, or you don't know much about wood, don't do it yourself!!!

Cue straightening shouldn't be performed without some skill and knowing what you are doing. It's definitely better to let someone with experienced hands do it for you if you have any hesitation at all!!

Comment

Hey, just been reading your thread about your peradon pro cue.
                          I have the same cue as you and I love it to bits.
                          I know some poeple don't like peradon much (probably because they sell a lot of cheaper imported cues) but these top end British made cues are excellent.

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post

Strategy one: Hang it. There are cue hangers that supposedly could straighten a cue over time but it's a long process and using additional weights may help. The cue should hang from the tip so that the weight brings any unnatural kinks back to the wood's original, factory finished state (which hopefully is to be dead straight!)

Strategy two: Force it back straight by hand. This isn't for the inexperienced and you really need to know what you are doing! With gentle prodding over several days/sessions, it's possible to force the wood in a given direction (just think how they bend wood for furniture for example).

Strategy three: Steam/Heat the wood. Supposedly, this can affect the wood permanently and again is for the experienced hands of a craftsman.

Since I'm no craftsman or expert, I'm going with strategy one and will hang the cue when not in use. If the kink doesn't go away, I might enlist the help of a local cue artisan (like Kevin Deroo or Lance) and seek further help. Terry might be an option too but I'm hesitant to ship the cue (fearing that's what made it kink in the first place).

Hope that helps
                            Strategy2 is the best way mate,You can do it yourself just need to be bit careful.
                            My deep screw shot
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Working...
                            X