Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know anything about these palko cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know anything about these palko cues?

Hey guys,
    Im a beginner player (highest break around 30) from Australia looking for a decent cue that wont break the bank (preferably less than 200aus). I currently have a grafex (graphite) cue but I find it far too sticky and whippy, and generally doesnt have a good feel.

The local billiards shop stocks these cues (http://www.palko.com.au/cue_pages/diamond_cues.html) by palko, and I was wondering if anybody knows anything about them? Also besides how they feel what should I look for in terms of quality if I go to the shop for a look?

Thanks in advance

theyre made down at geelong i think. solid cues to play with. maybe not the best lookers, but certainly better than stuff coming out of china. finish on it is alright. ive only seen 2 or 3 but they looked alright, for the price. IMO u should save up a touch, and go for an Omin or something. if youre not sure about specs yet, get basic specs. cause a handspliced Omin has good resell value. u can always sell it in australia for same price u bought it for (round 3-4 hundred AU delivered fresh from thailand) thats if u get the whole set. which i reckon would b the only ideal way u go about it, if you wanna get a bit more serious about snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by chillerz69 View Post
      Hey guys,
      Im a beginner player (highest break around 30) from Australia looking for a decent cue that wont break the bank (preferably less than 200aus). I currently have a grafex (graphite) cue but I find it far too sticky and whippy, and generally doesnt have a good feel.

The local billiards shop stocks these cues (http://www.palko.com.au/cue_pages/diamond_cues.html) by palko, and I was wondering if anybody knows anything about them? Also besides how they feel what should I look for in terms of quality if I go to the shop for a look?

Thanks in advance
      http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=27363
      http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=27331

Check these two threads out.. some good cue to recommend :snooker:

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys.

I just looked them up and found these two sites. The first seems genuine but whats the go with the second? Is it just that the might not be hand made?

http://www.147snookerstuff.com.au/it...ems=121&Type=1

http://www.dinodirect.com/snooker-cu...7.html?cur=AUD

Comment

i just started out on playing snooker as well, but didnt have that much money to invest on a cue.. so i had to settle for a cheap-ish cue from china. 3/4 cue + case and extensions for around $90AUD delivered (auction on ebay).
          it was a bit of a gamble not being able to hold and try out the cue before buying, and now i feel its a bit too heavy for me

just wondering.. whereabouts in australia are you from? you should be able find a few cues in billiards stores/showrooms such as heiron&smith showrooms, or even locally if you're lucky

Comment

oh wait, sorry. misread your first post ><
            i agree with what bobnoggin said, and you could always buy a cue from a member on the forum if you dont like the ones at your local billiards store

Comment

Is it very hard to get good cues in Australia?
              Do they have like a shop that carries John Parris...etc.?
              What about the local cue makers like Peter Hanley (I hope I have spelled it correctly...)? Is it easy to place an order from the local makers?
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                Is it very hard to get good cues in Australia?
                Do they have like a shop that carries John Parris...etc.?
                What about the local cue makers like Peter Hanley (I hope I have spelled it correctly...)? Is it easy to place an order from the local makers?
                Currently I live on the gold coast and the only billiards shops I know of that are local stock the cues I posted in my original post. Havent tried the pool halls but from what I remember they didnt have a very big range. Anyway I think a Parris might be a bit out of my price range

Comment

well mill in geelong makes ivory league cues, which are top crafted cues, but not always the best playability wise. peter hanley is very slack on his splice work, but his cues hit pretty well. finish on maple is a bit yuck. they both charge as much as parris for cues. zaks, is a bit cheaper on the gold coast, and id probably say his cues r the best. not as good splice work as ivory league cues but the finish is impeccable. ivory league got great finish too.

now diamond cues from palko is run by my mate. ill ask him where he sources his cues from but i think its thailand. he use to get master cue's imported heaps over here, so i think diamond cues r either made there in geelong, or imported from thailand. doubt theyre made there tho, since he dosnt know much about making cues. if theyre thai cues, then id recomend them over cheap ebay chinese cues. like i said, ive seen a few and they all seemed alright. not the best craftsmanship but very playable.

i didnt know it was run by my mate in geelong at first. any australians on here might know him too. Peter O keefe, pool player, runs alltablesports in geelong. i heard he is responsible for palko products from my mates down in geelong.

Comment

Currently I live on the gold coast and the only billiards shops I know of that are local stock the cues I posted in my original post. Havent tried the pool halls but from what I remember they didnt have a very big range. Anyway I think a Parris might be a bit out of my price range
                    I have 2 custom Omin cues I'm putting up for sale. Lemme know if you are keen I'll hook up some pictures.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bulkie

I have 2 custom Omin cues I'm putting up for sale. Lemme know if you are keen I'll hook up some pictures.
                      Cheers bulkie i would be very interested in having a look. Where are you from?

Bob, I didn't know there was a custom cue shop on the coast, do you know their price range? Thanks guys

Comment

bulkie,
                        my bad, didnt see your location as I was reading this thread on my phone

Comment

Bulkie,

wat are the specs of your Omin ? May I see some pictures of it.
                          Might be interested.. ^^

Thanks

Comment

bulkie,
                            my bad, didnt see your location as I was reading this thread on my phone
                            Shoot me an email clement@iinet(dot)net(dot)au for some pictures. Replace (dot) with .

Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
                            Bulkie,

wat are the specs of your Omin ? May I see some pictures of it.
                            Might be interested.. ^^

Thanks
                            email me freddie!

Comment

emailed

Comment

Working...
                              X