Take a look at this Parris cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by G30 MC View Post
    Cracking find Cazmac1, Are you a personal freind of Robert Osbourne? Reason i ask is i asked him to refinish a cue and he said he was far to busy.
    No not really I find that a bit strange, I had work done on two cue's and he gave me a good price for the work I just phoned up and said what I wanted and he said drop the cue's in on saturday. I did ask him about getting a black plate done but he wasn't up for it, stating that he was to busy. I think will has had a lot of time off due to health probs. Maybe you caught him on a bad day, I know that Neil T knows robert pretty well maybe he could help you out
    Last edited by cazmac1; 28 November 2010, 08:38 PM.

Comment

R o

Cheers for that, Hope to be getting a couple of Will Hunt Cues off my mate, One 1piece and One 3/4, And would like them to alltered my him.:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
        Yep, I'll take it down to H&O next weekend.
        Not sure how bad the cosmetic dmg is, but you could try warm soapy water (don't over do the soap), quickly wipe down the surface and buff. You may need to do this a few times.

Brasso and finest grade of wire wool for your ferrule.

Raw linseed oil for the cue, leave overnight, buff, repeat until the wood sweats the oil out.

I'm sure others here will say I'm wrong, and there are better ways of doing this... but I've always found from my own experience this works.

Nice cue btw. Good luck.

Comment

I might have a go a cleaning the furrule and see how it come up, but if it's pitted I'll get a new one put on.
          Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally Posted by G30 MC View Post
            Cracking find Cazmac1, Are you a personal freind of Robert Osbourne? Reason i ask is i asked him to refinish a cue and he said he was far to busy.
            Ya, that's the reply i got too when i wanted him to extend my old oby'rne black plate by adding 4 lower splices.

I didnt wanna send my cues to some other makers whom i cant to trust their craftsmanship and reliability.

Anyone here knows Robert well enough to get my cues sorted?
            I have 2 Hunt & Obyrne cues that need to be taken care of.

Comment

I've just tryed cleaning the cue and have discovered due to the amount moisture that the cue has absorbed, that the butt of the cue has expanded by about a mm, so that the wood is bigger than the joint. no choice but to take it in now. Just concern about what might happen as the cue loses the extra moisture

Comment

I've just tryed cleaning the cue and have discovered due to the amount moisture that the cue has absorbed, that the butt of the cue has expanded by about a mm, so that the wood is bigger than the joint. no choice but to take it in now. Just concern about what might happen as the cue loses the extra moisture
                Ah man, that sucks. I'm sure Mr Osborne will do a decent job on it tho.

Comment

Hi mate, can i buy this cue from you for £150 as it is.
                  Cheers
                  Michael

Comment

nice cue it would probably sell for £300 on ebay

Comment

Originally Posted by Woolf147 View Post
                      Hi mate, can i buy this cue from you for £150 as it is.
                      Cheers
                      Michael
                      I'm going to have the cue fixed up as I want to see how it plays, I would be looking for more than £150 once it restored.
                      Last edited by cazmac1; 25 November 2010, 04:31 PM.

Comment

I would recommend you to go and see john parris instead robert osborne, John is top man for any restoration. i have my cue on order with robert osborne for 2 years and finaly i got my deposit back because robert cannot fined a wood for a black plated cue, Rubbish, not good enough.

Comment

thanks wolf, I think I will take it to john, for no other reason than it's his cue.
                          I'm not sure whats going on with H&O, turning down work can't be good for your business in the long term. He did tell me that will has had a lot of time off for health reasons, so this must be the problem.

Comment

A friend of mine was going to H&O today so I decieded to go along and bring the cue, So the cue's is with Robert at the moment and will be ready next week. The cost of having the cue finished is £30 and I'm getting a tailisman pro S tip on which is costing a tenner. So when all is done the total cost of the cue will be £140. I can live with that.
                            will post pic's when I get the cue back.

Comment

A friend of mine was going to H&O today so I decieded to go along and bring the cue, So the cue's is with Robert at the moment and will be ready next week. The cost of having the cue finished is £30 and I'm getting a tailisman pro S tip on which is costing a tenner. So when all is done the total cost of the cue will be £140. I can live with that.
                              will post pic's when I get the cue back.
                              How long will it take before it's handed back to you ??

Comment

I am hoping to pick it up on Saturday. I told him he better do his best work as I would be posting pictures on the forum
                                Nice block Robert. Spoke to him about the black plate situation and basically he said it doesn’t make financial sense to produce these cues as too much time is taken in producing a cue to players exacting details and they are constantly changing there minds. What he said he might do is just produce the black plates for stock and sale them like that rather then to players specs.

Comment

Working...
                                X