Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a 1-piece cue be more expensive than a 3/4 cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should a 1-piece cue be more expensive than a 3/4 cue?

Should a 1-piece cue be more expensive than a 3/4 cue? Provided the same specs, from same manufacturer and same material etc etc, which one is more expensive and why?

3/4 are usually a bit more expensive probably because of the joints and the extra time needed to fit them

Comment

You would think that 1 piece should be cheaper but they certainly shouldn't be more than a 3/4 cue.

However I have noticed a few retailers and cue makers charging a premium for 1 pc as well as for maple shafts which I cannot understand!

Comment

I think the price for the length of shaft is reflective of the price of a cue. A 1 piece cue shaft will be 57 inches or so but the 3/4 shaft is 41 inches.

Maybe I'm wrong...

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
          3/4 are usually a bit more expensive probably because of the joints and the extra time needed to fit them
          Agree with hotpot.. maybe they also need good workmanship to make prefect balance to the cue :snooker:

Comment

It is the availability of the shaft that determines the price of a cue thus I feel that a 1pcs cue even though has no joint costs more than a 3/4 cue.
            I also feel it is harder to balance a 1 pcs cue.

Comment

cost of cues

i think its because a 1 piece in my opinion is harder to make

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                I think the price for the length of shaft is reflective of the price of a cue. A 1 piece cue shaft will be 57 inches or so but the 3/4 shaft is 41 inches.

Maybe I'm wrong...
                correct. findind a good shaft is harder the longer it needs to be - also the process is different.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                X