• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which brand is your favorite?

snooker cue

be eager for a new cue

thanks your suggestions

Everyone has a favourable brand in mind but does your budget allows it to happen?

I grown up with the mind setting that John parris is the best cue maker as it was the most famous one that is readily available during that era.

But I have later in my life, learnt that there are alot more makers such as will hunt, Robert Osborne, hunt & Osborne n etc who make very good cues.

I m currently using a new Tony Glover cue which IMO has not disappoint in both craftsmanship n playability over the branded ones.

I will highly recommend Glover cues to anyone.

But if there are great cue makers in or near your country, get them to make you one instead of ordering one thousands of miles away just bcos they are famous. Why not save on the postage charges n pay more for a higher quality one instead.

Hope my suggestion helps.
    Last edited by willytan; 2 December 2010, 11:32 AM.

Comment

My personal opinion from the few cues i've owned :

Joint 1st - Trevor White / Hunt & Osborne
      3rd - Glover

Obviously as Willy says , there are plenty of great cuemakers .

Please let us know what you buy .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Cue Makers

A cue is such a personal thing, You could pick up the most expensive cue on the market and never get on with it. Such a hard question when there are so many good cue makers out there. It realy is a trial and error experiance, Peronaly until recently i only played with John Parris cue's, i.e JP Professional, JP Traditional, JP Ultimate, Recently bought a Will Hunt and i am over the moon with it.:snooker: Havent had any of Trevor White's cue's in hand but they do look superb, As does some of the Dave Couttes cue i have seen.

Comment

Trevor White, John Parris, Hunt & Osborne.

It's all down to personal preference though. Good luck.

Comment

cue brand

ime luckier than most people i can play crap with any brand of cue so no favs lol

Comment

i think JP is known for the best cue in the world, but again there are many good brand that are just as good as JP. however if u go for a famous brand u are less likely to regret, since the quality is there. a bit like buying mercedes or BMW, one can argue which is better, but both are great compare to other cheap cars.

Comment

i like maple more than ash

Comment

Favourite would be JP and TW..

Comment

Originally Posted by cillayfd.chn View Post
                    i like maple more than ash
                    Same here. I've got 2 old Joe Davis cues, both identical in hight, weight, tip size etc.
                    Used to live just round the corner from Parris cues in Forest Hill. They're OK in terms of craftmanship, but way over priced IMO.

Comment

Originally Posted by Citrus138 View Post
                      Same here. I've got 2 old Joe Davis cues, both identical in hight, weight, tip size etc.
                      Used to live just round the corner from Parris cues in Forest Hill. They're OK in terms of craftmanship, but way over priced IMO.
                      yes, only coz they are more famous than other cue makers, especially to those who only pick up snooker for a while. the price of any products is hugely effected by its way of marketing. the fact so many pros using JP, kind of mislead the new players that JP is superior than any other cues. however once they have been involved in the game longer they realized that makers like TW, TG etc are great, both in terms craftsmanship and price

Comment

Originally Posted by davidwu View Post
                        yes, only coz they are more famous than other cue makers, especially to those who only pick up snooker for a while. the price of any products is hugely effected by its way of marketing. the fact so many pros using JP, kind of mislead the new players that JP is superior than any other cues. however once they have been involved in the game longer they realized that makers like TW, TG etc are great, both in terms craftsmanship and price
                        I know. Try explaining that to JP worshippers though!

Comment

Originally Posted by Citrus138 View Post
                          I know. Try explaining that to JP worshippers though!
                          some worshipers are really drawn to JP by its craftsmanship, but some are just wanting to show off. which is a common thing in places like where i came from-china. many people, esp. some rich idiots dnt care about the actually product, all they want is a big fancy brand, so attention can be gathered around him as soon as he pull out his cue or other things he owns.

Comment

It's Trevor White for me. I'm on my second cue from him only because I wanted fancier splicing.
                            The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Same here mate. Very funny

Comment

Working...
                              X