Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do any pro's play with trevor white cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Woolf147 View Post
    Ricky Walden play with the same cue as Ronnie john parris ultimate with tradition style,
    there are no better cue maker than john parris and it is not the case that top players getting them for free its jus no one can make the same cues than john parris do.
    Hope it helps
    Ricky's cue is in the style of the Parris Traditional that he used to have yes, but the cue he now uses was not made by John Parris.

Comment

I think John Parris makes a very good cue and he has the right idea when it comes to getting volume business. John will make 3 or 4 identical cues for a pro and then the pro will choose one of them which he prefers and then John can easily sell the remaining cues and also get the advertising benefit of having the top pro using one of his cues.

However, Trevor also makes a damned good cue and in fact I'm using one of his now although as a result of my recent search for a cue that I like I still have a couple of cues coming which I will try out.

If an amateur player really wanted a cue that he could like using, (and had the funds to do it) he should order 3 or 4 cues of the same specs from Trevor or Robin Cook or John Parris or Mike Wooldridge or any of the good cuemakers. Then he should try out each cue, pick the one he likes best and then sell the rest.

Problem is, John Parris takes back and sells the unused cues whereas the amateur player would have to sell the surplus cues himself.

The other issue is, a good cuemaker can make 4 cues to the same specs and even he himself would likely prefer one of them over the others. As wood is a natural product there will ALWAYS be slight different in the 'hit' and 'feel' between cues of the same specs.

As someone said, 'you pays yer money, and you take yer chances'.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        I think John Parris makes a very good cue and he has the right idea when it comes to getting volume business. John will make 3 or 4 identical cues for a pro and then the pro will choose one of them which he prefers and then John can easily sell the remaining cues and also get the advertising benefit of having the top pro using one of his cues.

However, Trevor also makes a damned good cue and in fact I'm using one of his now although as a result of my recent search for a cue that I like I still have a couple of cues coming which I will try out.

If an amateur player really wanted a cue that he could like using, (and had the funds to do it) he should order 3 or 4 cues of the same specs from Trevor or Robin Cook or John Parris or Mike Wooldridge or any of the good cuemakers. Then he should try out each cue, pick the one he likes best and then sell the rest.

Problem is, John Parris takes back and sells the unused cues whereas the amateur player would have to sell the surplus cues himself.

The other issue is, a good cuemaker can make 4 cues to the same specs and even he himself would likely prefer one of them over the others. As wood is a natural product there will ALWAYS be slight different in the 'hit' and 'feel' between cues of the same specs.

As someone said, 'you pays yer money, and you take yer chances'.

Terry
        wish have the money to do that.

i cnt wait to get my cue from trevor, as he told me he has already started it about a month ago. should be well ahead of suggested time.

Comment

Well said Neil, tell 'em like it is.
          :snooker:

Comment

I am suprised that no one has ever thought maybe John Parris pays a certain amount of money to the pros who use his cues?

Comment

John Parris is the best cue maker. Ricky Walden play with john parris ultimate and you can also ask trevor to confirm. 85 out of top 100 play with john parris cues, Mainly Ultimate.

Comment

Originally Posted by kezman View Post
                John Parris is the best cue maker. Ricky Walden play with john parris ultimate and you can also ask trevor to confirm. 85 out of top 100 play with john parris cues, Mainly Ultimate.
                may i ask what cues you have seen or played with to compare with with John Parris cues .

I have had cues from several top cuemakers at some stage and there are many that match John Parris cues for craftmanship and certainly for playability .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                  may i ask what cues you have seen or played with to compare with with John Parris cues .

I have had cues from several top cuemakers at some stage and there are many that match John Parris cues for craftmanship and certainly for playability .
                  Between you and Caz you've probably tried every cue maker under the sun!

Why does everybody seem to play with themselves so much over a Parris cue???? As you say plenty of other cue makers out there who make cues as good and indeed BETTER than a JP, yet because he gives his away to pro's who others then see using them they assume they're the best!
                  One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

I think Its a bit much to say 1 man is better at makin cues than the rest. I've seen plenty on here sellin parris cues cause they cant get on with em the same as some of the other makers. From what i've seen look wise and value trevor is my my favourite but it all comes down to own personal choice. Some wont have a bad word to say about john parris like wise trevor, mike or any other top cue maker.

Comment

Originally Posted by Woolf147 View Post
                      Ricky Walden play with the same cue as Ronnie john parris ultimate with tradition style,
                      there are no better cue maker than john parris and it is not the case that top players getting them for free its jus no one can make the same cues than john parris do.
                      Hope it helps
                      completely disagree! have had 2 JP ...one professional and other one was special didnt like the feel of them and the quality of splicing was not quite up to standard of say TW or MW.

Comment

Where do you get your information kezman? Have you done a survey with all the professional players? Or just trying to stir things up ....... lol.

You will find your statement is a long way out.
                        :snooker:

Comment

I played with a couple of Jp cues and one TW I won't include the TW that I only used for a few frames. Break wise my highest with the JP special was a 95 and with the TW about 86. Both were very good cues and there was nothing between them, Only trevs finish is much better. I don't have enough experiance of TW cues to make a fair judgement, only to say I haven't seen a bad looking cue or heard any bad comments apart from one person. From my experiance I would be careful in buying the lower priced range of JP cues.
                          I suspect that john makes all the cues with plain ebony butts then selects
                          the cues with the better shafts for the top of the range cues and then adds the splicing.
                          I think if your spending around the £300 mark I would go to one of the other cue makers on the forum as I believe you will get a much better shaft for the money.
                          Ps I will have a better Idea on trevs cue when I receive my second cue in a few months.
                          Last edited by cazmac1; 10 January 2011, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by kezman View Post
                            this is total drivel
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Maybe kazman is John Parris

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                                Maybe kazman is John Parris
                                john would not be so stupid.
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X