Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do any pro's play with trevor white cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do any pro's play with trevor white cues?

hi all.

i'm aware that alot of pro's play with parris cues, but after all the good things i've read on the forum about trevor white cues i just wondered if anybody knew of any pro's that use one of these as there main playing cue. actually, while i'm at it, if anyone knows any pro's that use a mike wooldridge i would be interested to know.
    cheers...

I believe that Stephen Maguire used to play with one before, Ryan Day is using one i think
    :snooker:

Comment

TW Cues's

I was told by another forum member that Ricky Walden uses a Trevor White Cue:snooker:

Comment

whats people views on why such a large percentage of pro's use parris cues (at least this is what i'm led to believe) when there are supposedly a number of quality cue makers, all capable of making top notch cues?...

Comment

parris offers free cues to the top pros

Comment

Parris has a bigger output capability than some of the other guys and is looking to keep the orders coming in.
            I would think that people like Mike Wooldridge and Trevor White don't really need the extra orders that would come from top players using their cues.

I don't know if this is right or wrong but it is how I see it.
            All make great cues so it isn't down to a lack of quality by the other makers.

Comment

Originally Posted by nostawmail View Post
              parris offers free cues to the top pros
              thats what i thought. just surprised me that the top boys who make a good living out of the game would play with a cue from a certain cue maker because that cue was free. or am i right in thinking that john parris makes a number of cues for a pro then they pick the one that suits best?...

Comment

Originally Posted by gem View Post
                Parris has a bigger output capability than some of the other guys and is looking to keep the orders coming in.
                I would think that people like Mike Wooldridge and Trevor White don't really need the extra orders that would come from top players using their cues.

I don't know if this is right or wrong but it is how I see it.
                All make great cues so it isn't down to a lack of quality by the other makers.
                there's logic in that definately..

Comment

Originally Posted by snooks1000 View Post
                  thats what i thought. just surprised me that the top boys who make a good living out of the game would play with a cue from a certain cue maker because that cue was free. or am i right in thinking that john parris makes a number of cues for a pro then they pick the one that suits best?...
                  I think the same, if someone makes their living with a cue, they'd buy the best they find, not play with one just because it was free. Sounds like envy from other cue makers to me.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Old cue collector --
                  Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                  (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                    I think the same, if someone makes their living with a cue, they'd buy the best they find, not play with one just because it was free. Sounds like envy from other cue makers to me.
                    I don't believe most players, professional or otherwise of a good standard would play (and stick) to a cue simply because it's free. Would you do it.???...I know I wouldn't.

I think many players use Parris cues because they are excellent cues, and because, newsflash........ Many of the game's Professionals don't spend much time at all looking around one maker and another for 'the right cue, or best they could find' I'd wager. They go where they're recommended to go, or, where other like minded players have gone before them. Again, much like many of the people here will have done.

Personally, I feel the general public tend to give professionals far more credit for their cue knowledge than perhaps is warranted or deserved. Many of the players I know personally haven't much of a clue at all about cues, but know an awful lot about using them to very good effect.

As any of the people visiting this website will know, the names of some makers carry more weight than the names of others. Those reputations are built on a number of things, quality of product, price, service in dealing with people, the knowledge or wisdom of the maker, etc etc. As many of us are aware, another aspect of what provides a reputation is association, and that can be a very powerful tool indeed. This tactic is something John Parris has used to great effect in promoting his name as being synonymous with the game's professional players. Whether he has done that by giving away cues for free or otherwise, it can barely be argued that it hasn't been an effective method of self promotion. Good luck to him for that, he's made the best of it.
                    One thing which really needs to be borne in mind however is that there is no way a product will ever become popular and increasingly desirable IF it's a poor quality product, or, if it's priced to low. These issues alone perhaps give some sort of clue as to why things are like they are, and prices set at the level they are set. Does it mean they are superior to anything else out there???....No, it doesn't. But for sure, there is no way any business could continue for so long without having done a lot of things right, and amongst others things, the quality of the product is generally pretty right with parris cues from what I've seen.

Having said that, it's equally as good from a number of other makers also.

EDIT.....Oh, and no, there's no envy, but plenty of respect.
                    Last edited by trevs1; 4 December 2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                      I don't believe most players, professional or otherwise of a good standard would play (and stick) to a cue simply because it's free. Would you do it.???...I know I wouldn't.

I think many players use Parris cues because they are excellent cues, and because, newsflash........ Many of the game's Professionals don't spend much time at all looking around one maker and another for 'the right cue, or best they could find' I'd wager. They go where they're recommended to go, or, where other like minded players have gone before them. Again, much like many of the people here will have done.

Personally, I feel the general public tend to give professionals far more credit for their cue knowledge than perhaps is warranted or deserved. Many of the players I know personally haven't much of a clue at all about cues, but know an awful lot about using them to very good effect.

As any of the people visiting this website will know, the names of some makers carry more weight than the names of others. Those reputations are built on a number of things, quality of product, price, service in dealing with people, the knowledge or wisdom of the maker, etc etc. As many of us are aware, another aspect of what provides a reputation is association, and that can be a very powerful tool indeed. This tactic is something John Parris has used to great effect in promoting his name as being synonymous with the game's professional players. Whether he has done that by giving away cues for free or otherwise, it can barely be argued that it hasn't been an effective method of self promotion. Good luck to him for that, he's made the best of it.
                      One thing which really needs to be borne in mind however is that there is no way a product will ever become popular and increasingly desirable IF it's a poor quality product, or, if it's priced to low. These issues alone perhaps give some sort of clue as to why things are like they are, and prices set at the level they are set. Does it mean they are superior to anything else out there???....No, it doesn't. But for sure, there is no way any business could continue for so long without having done a lot of things right, and amongst others things, the quality of the product is generally pretty right with parris cues from what I've seen.

Love it when you reply to post/thread, Never no BULL*****:snooker:

Comment

this may seem like a naive question (pretty new to the forum) but is Trevs1 Trevor White the cue maker?

Comment

Originally Posted by polotechnics View Post
                          this may seem like a naive question (pretty new to the forum) but is Trevs1 Trevor White the cue maker?
                          He certainly is

Comment

Thanks for the info hotpot

Comment

Cant be more true

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X