Refurbishing an old cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbishing an old cue

I have an old/antique cue, which i'd like to have a go at refurbishing myself. There a few marks here and there, whch cleaning alone just won't get rid of, not to mention a few scuffs etc, so I don't see any other option but to sand it down and oil it/possibly wax it because the cue still has all (or most) of its original varnish. I'm a bit worried that the sanding might have some sort of detrimental effect on the cue because of its age though. I've sanded cues before but they've all been new.......anybody have any experience with this or advice to share?

And I know the best option is to get somebody who knows what they're doing to do it for me but this is something that i've wanted to do for a while, so that's not an option

personally i would just get a pro to do it anyway because if you do it no matter how well you do it you wont be 100% happy

Comment

Have you try Dave Coutts ???

Comment

Originally Posted by DocJ View Post
        And I know the best option is to get somebody who knows what they're doing to do it for me but this is something that i've wanted to do for a while, so that's not an option
        Sorry, not sure what bit of the above wasn't clear . I'm not taking it to anyone else, so would like advice about doing this myself

Comment

old cues

hi doc slight hollows or dinks can be steamed out then just take a green washing scourer try rubbing down with that it only takes excess dirt and grime maybe a bit off varnish and wood but not like sandpaper thenrealy fine sandpaper to smooth 600 grit upwards and oil or beeswax and keep rubbing it down hope this helps

Comment

That's great. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X