No announcement yet.

my new dave coutts cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like your case. I always think if you get a plain simple looking cue it would be like opening a christmas present with very fancy wrapping paper and box just to find a very simple looking item inside. But with this cue it goes so well with your case it is hard to say which one is more fancy as they are both so nice.
    I really like the look of this abstract random looking design, goes very well with the theme of you beautiful cases in my opinion.
    Are you thinking of making a case with matching colour leather to go with this cue?
    Love the round butt and the plug at the end, very nice.
    Thanks so much for sharing these.
    Happy New Year.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

As luck would have it, on my way up to Glasgow for Xmas I stopped off at Dave's and was one of the first to lay eyes, and hands, on Crispian's new masterpiece, and what you don't know is that it's even more beautiful, special and unique in person!

The splicing is absolutely PERFECT, which is even more impressive than usual considering the number that there are, and, even though there are many very different woods in close proximity, they don't clash - Dave has achieved a sort of harmony with the selection and placement of the splices and veneers that I have never seen reproduced on any other cue.

The two pieces that really stand out are the front splice, of pale moon ebony, and the back splice of cocobolo, and what pieces they are!! As many of you know, I'm a real fan of cocobolo, but the pale moon ebony just blows it away, to be honest - never thought I'd be writing that! - it is the ultimate facing splice wood.

Of course, I haven't had the occasion to play with the cue, and so can't comment on that, but it felt perfect in my hands, and the finish is just impeccable. Although light, it didn't feel overly so, and the balance was absolutely spot on. The piece of maple Dave chose for the shaft is blemish-free, stiff but springy, and pleasingly tapered, not only to the eye, but also to the hand.

I told Crispian that if he ever decided to get rid of this cue then to give me first shout, but I'll not be holding my breath! This cue really is one-in-a-million, and worth even Fedia-prices, and I'm delighted to have seen it in person - next step is to see it in action if I can ever make it over to North Wales.

Happy New Year to all!
      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
        As luck would have it, on my way up to Glasgow for Xmas I stopped off at Dave's and was one of the first to lay eyes, and hands, on Crispian's new masterpiece, and what you don't know is that it's even more beautiful, special and unique in person!

The splicing is absolutely PERFECT, which is even more impressive than usual considering the number that there are, and, even though there are many very different woods in close proximity, they don't clash - Dave has achieved a sort of harmony with the selection and placement of the splices and veneers that I have never seen reproduced on any other cue.

The two pieces that really stand out are the front splice, of pale moon ebony, and the back splice of cocobolo, and what pieces they are!! As many of you know, I'm a real fan of cocobolo, but the pale moon ebony just blows it away, to be honest - never thought I'd be writing that! - it is the ultimate facing splice wood.

Of course, I haven't had the occasion to play with the cue, and so can't comment on that, but it felt perfect in my hands, and the finish is just impeccable. Although light, it didn't feel overly so, and the balance was absolutely spot on. The piece of maple Dave chose for the shaft is blemish-free, stiff but springy, and pleasingly tapered, not only to the eye, but also to the hand.

I told Crispian that if he ever decided to get rid of this cue then to give me first shout, but I'll not be holding my breath! This cue really is one-in-a-million, and worth even Fedia-prices, and I'm delighted to have seen it in person - next step is to see it in action if I can ever make it over to North Wales.

Happy New Year to all!
        you are welcome to drop in on one of your many adventures keith, just give me the nod and i will put the kettle on (ha ha)

oh and the cue plays just how it did in my dreams the last few months !

Comment

nice cue mate i am having my cue made by dave and can not wait till it comes it looks amazing lol all the best

Comment

Working...
          X