Lighten the weight of a cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighten the weight of a cue?

Can that be done? I have a JP Professional for years, didn't quite bother with it cos I feel I don't play well mainly due to the weight (18.5oz).

So if any kind soul could advice if by sending it to a good cue maker I could trim the weight down to 17oz.

Originally Posted by BallCraze View Post
    Can that be done? I have a JP Professional for years, didn't quite bother with it cos I feel I don't play well mainly due to the weight (18.5oz).

So if any kind soul could advice if by sending it to a good cue maker I could trim the weight down to 17oz.
    take to john parris he will sort it out for you

Comment

is it an easy job most cue doctors could do then?

Comment

is it a 1 piece or 3/4 split or 2 piece

Comment

hi, mine's a 3/4 split.

does that matter when reducing the weight then?

Comment

jp cue

it does not matter has it got a sd joint again it does not matter he will sort it out personally i think 17oz is to light for snooker try 17 1/2 oz to 18oz or somewhere in the middle

Comment

personally i would leave it because sometimes u need weight in cue for power

Comment

It's a 3/4. Been trying hard to adapt to it but somehow just don't get that fluid feel. Ah well, maybe I should just sell it off to good hands then going through the hassle of getting it fix..

Comment

Maybe you can try Dave coutts or greenbaize .. think they charge quite reasonble price on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X