Looking for a new cue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new cue.

I am looking for a new cue but in a dilema. The are lots of good cuemakers but cant decide which one to choose. I quite like a new john parris traditional but are john parris to common??? I live about 25 mins from northwest cues, but are they any good??? i would just like to know what people would recommend???

Search the forum muck there are plenty of reviws on Northwest cues .

Comment

ok cheers mate. do u recommend any cues yourself??

Comment

I would,nt hesitate buying off any of the following

Trevor White
        Robin Cook
        Dan Shelton
        Aurora
        Dave coutts
        Tony Glover
        Tony Ions
        Stamford
        Northwest
        Mike Wooldridge
        Robert Osborne
        G B L

Or for a little less

Omin
        u T
        Craftsman
        Mastercue

May have missed on or two out .

All excellent cuemakers some are more expensive than others .

It all depends how much you want to spend and how long you,re prepared to wait .

Comment

out of all of them, what do u personally like???

Comment

Well some of the favourite cues i,ve had are Trevor Whites as i have three , Aurora cues , just sold one , I,m waiting for Robin cook and Dan Shelton , so cant comment on them yet but the pics of their cues and the feedback from mebers is nothing short of excellent .

I was also impressed with Mike Wooldrindge,s cues but he is a bit more expensive . Gbl cues are excellent and in my opinon one of the best value cues for the money .

I would have to say that i would go for either , a T W , Dan Shelton , Aurora , Robin Cook . G B L
            Thats not knocking any of the others but i aint had the chance to play with some of them .

Comment

I have had 3 and still own 2 NW Cues,plus an old one piece Barracuda Professional,made possibly by Kev Muncaster ( NW Cues).John Higgins considers Kevin good enough to supply and maintain his cues so if they are good enough for him,who are we to argue.The one thing above all else about Kevs cues is that they are all very good playing cues,its hard to describe but sometimes his cues are not pretty or too fancy ,but they play well.If you value playability over looks,you cant go wrong,this is not to say that his cues are ugly.Check out "detroitmans" posting "who do you think made this".The guesses made and the makers attributed to that cue will surprise you.Quality will out they say.Hope this helps.

Comment

i have about £350to spend so should be able to get a very good cue. im looking for a 1 piece cue so needs help on what i should get so i dont waste my money!!!

Comment

Liam before spending your money make sure you know what specs you want , ie , length , tip size , weight etc .

Nice cues usually tend to hold their value or lose very little . You can get a nice cue for that price but i doubt if you would get one quick as they are all busy at the moment i think .

Comment

You live 25 mins from Kevs front door,he is very approachable,just phone first to make sure he is in the workshop.The money you are spending would go a really long way at NW.So why not visit.I personaly posess cues by NW Cues,Robin Cook,Mike Wooldridge,Burroughs and Watts(vintage),Craftsman ,O Min etc,etc etc. and yet my regular "playing cue" is a NW.I agree with hotpots sentiments and choice in general and his advice is sound,but you live near a craftsmans workshop where you can see cues being built and finished,nuff said.

Comment

ive always wanted a john parris. are they as good as they are hyped up to be though???

Comment

Northwest Cues

Hi Just to add my view I have 2 northwest cues and 2 of my team mates also have cues made by Kevin. When you live so near why not go and visit him well worth it a really nice guy and you'll learn alot from him.
                        hope this helps you.
                        detroitman

Comment

John Parris cues are nice but imo no nicer than a lot of others mentioned here and besides his cues are expensive compared to others .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                            Search the forum muck there are plenty of reviws on Northwest cues .
                            where is Kevin based bud

Comment

I think he,s in Preston Flame .

Comment

Working...
                              X