What do you know about Mastercue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you know about Mastercue?

I am thinking about buying a Mastercue PB2 from Green Baize. Let me know what you think about them.

mate, you'd be better off just doing a search about mastercue on this site, i'm sure tons of stuff will come up about them.

Comment

Hi There,

There have been Many of threads asking this and there was one Last Week asking the Same Questions!!

As already said Do a SEARCH .........

Gaz.

Comment

I will do that.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Arm View Post
          I am thinking about buying a Mastercue PB2 from Green Baize. Let me know what you think about them.
          MasterCue is a famous Thai Brand too, besides Omin. My personal cuecrafters are also ex-MasterCue staff. Great Works. Hope this helps
          It's in the Shaft

Comment

Good value of money.. worth every penny you spend

Comment

Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
              Good value of money.. worth every penny you spend
              Didnt know that you also owned Mastercue before.

Comment

Friends one.. not mine.. I lend and play with it for almost two weeks when he's back to his hometown. He keep it in my locker so sometimes I took and play with it when my cue is not with me ^^

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                  Hi There,

There have been Many of threads asking this and there was one Last Week asking the Same Questions!!

As already said Do a SEARCH .........

Gaz.
                  Actually I prefer the way this thread was titled, and clicked on it hoping for some juicy little secrets this time UnlceVit at least had something to offer.
                  Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                    Actually I prefer the way this thread was titled, and clicked on it hoping for some juicy little secrets this time UnlceVit at least had something to offer.
                    The society of snooker cuemakers here are quite small. If I want to know anything I just ask around, e.g. Omin still has plenty of stained ebony woods (that he stocked for years - but once they are gone, they are gone) that he uses to make his 'Hunter' Singature cues, or MasterCue and Omin will buy shaft woods in container(s) at a time, or which local workshop does export their cues abroad in 100's at a time, etc., etc., etc. But I have to keep my mouth shut for deep infor, or else I will be stabbed with a cue tip :snooker:
                    Last edited by unclevit; 26 January 2011, 07:28 AM.
                    It's in the Shaft

Comment

Even those tidbits raise lot's of questions that might risk death by cuetip, like, which UK brands is that local workshop producing for?

And I wonder what you mean by stained ebony? I've heard a couple of mentions of this in the past, is it something like macassar ebony stained to look blacker?

Comment

Even those tidbits raise lot's of questions that might risk death by cuetip, like, which UK brands is that local workshop producing for?

And I wonder what you mean by stained ebony? I've heard a couple of mentions of this in the past, is it something like macassar ebony stained to look blacker?
                        Hi eaoin11 : I did not wish you a Happy New Year yet, so Happy New Year... I am fine Thank You
                        I called it Stained Ebony as it is a direct translation from Thai language. Omin calls it "Moon Ebony", or "Hyena", or "Black&White" depending on the pattern. They are all natural and not by any manmade technique That's why it is rare to us, and many others. 'Quality' cuemakers don't stain their black wood to make it look darkner. And that is why you will see brown hairline pattern in some of our ebony wood. We leave it that natural. If there are too many hairlines in any ebony piece, we either use it as a bar-b-q wood, or make them in club cues and sell at a much cheaper price. It is the truth that we have been exporting ready-made cues to many countries, Asia and Europe. Some of them are badged from the factories, while many will be badged at the end of the route. Just can't let go these secrets (it's nice excuse to say 'Trade Secrets'), as I don't think you want to see me topped to death with thousands of shafts over my body
                        Good games eaoin11
                        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                          Hi eaoin11 : I did not wish you a Happy New Year yet, so Happy New Year... I am fine Thank You
                          I called it Stained Ebony as it is a direct translation from Thai language. Omin calls it "Moon Ebony", or "Hyena", or "Black&White" depending on the pattern. They are all natural and not by any manmade technique That's why it is rare to us, and many others. 'Quality' cuemakers don't stain their black wood to make it look darkner. And that is why you will see brown hairline pattern in some of our ebony wood. We leave it that natural. If there are too many hairlines in any ebony piece, we either use it as a bar-b-q wood, or make them in club cues and sell at a much cheaper price. It is the truth that we have been exporting ready-made cues to many countries, Asia and Europe. Some of them are badged from the factories, while many will be badged at the end of the route. Just can't let go these secrets (it's nice excuse to say 'Trade Secrets'), as I don't think you want to see me topped to death with thousands of shafts over my body
                          Good games eaoin11
                          Thanks unclevit, and a happy new year to you too Thanks for the clarification, I've realised there are quite a few kinds of ebony well beyond my small knowledge of timber.

I agree with your philosophy that it's in the shaft and don't really worry too much about the colour of the butt timber these days. And what you say about the factories makes perfect sense too. I know GBL are proudly made in Thailand as was the Craftsman classic cues range. Obviously, systems are in place allowing you to find the best shafts available and there's a lot of great expertise in your country. That's great for us all.

Recently I love the designs of the mastercue connoisure and heritage range, and Omin have great designs too. I don't know why but I've gone back to liking those old style name plates so maybe an Omin custom is the go, when my budget allows (and I can sneak it past my wife).

And no I certainly don't want to see you meet that fate, so I'll butt out for now!
                          Last edited by eaoin11; 30 January 2011, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks unclevit, and a happy new year to you too Thanks for the clarification, I've realised there are quite a few kinds of ebony well beyond my small knowledge of timber.

I agree with your philosophy that it's in the shaft and don't really worry too much about the colour of the butt timber these days. And what you say about the factories makes perfect sense too. I know GBL are proudly made in Thailand as was the Craftsman classic cues range. Obviously, systems are in place allowing you to find the best shafts available and there's a lot of great expertise in your country. That's great for us all.

Recently I love the designs of the mastercue connoisure and heritage range, and Omin have great designs too. I don't know why but I've gone back to liking those old style name plates so maybe an Omin custom is the go, when my budget allows (and I can sneak it past my wife).

And no I certainly don't want to see you meet that fate, so I'll butt out for now!
                            Yes, don't make them kill me through exposed secrets
                            I am not a good player, so all my cues need to be beautiful. "If you can't play well, then make sure your cues are looking good", said one of my ladies. And fortunately last night I had a chance to meet an old Master/Teacher who is a Thai. He has lots of students in the past, and been working for many quality workshops. Even my Team said that this oldman is much better than anybody they know of. So, I asked him (very politely) to make me a 'show piece' 1 pc. cue. Any design he wants to show off his cuemaking ability. He accepts my challenge and will make one for me in 2 months time. Will post it in the forum. I think we should end this thread now, otherwise more secrets will leak Good Games.
                            It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
                            X