Slight change to Trevor White cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight change to Trevor White cues

I have been sent these pics by a fellow TSF member who wants to share the following information. The new cue badge on the left is slightly different to the older cue on the right.......can you see it ? ........the W is a bit different now. Plus the newer cue he has received also has a slightly tapered ferrule (the one on the right) He would like to know if this is common as he hasn't seen one before (i have one on my James Butters cue tho)..... is it only to retain a smaller tip on a thickly tapered shaft ??? or some other reason...thanks

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    I have been sent these pics by a fellow TSF member who wants to share the following information. The new cue badge on the left is slightly different to the older cue on the right.......can you see it ? ........the W is a bit different now. Plus the newer cue he has received also has a slightly tapered ferrule (the one on the right) He would like to know if this is common as he hasn't seen one before (i have one on my James Butters cue tho)..... is it only to retain a smaller tip on a thickly tapered shaft ??? or some other reason...thanks
    Nice find. I think your theory regarding the ferrule is the correct one. What is the ferrule size?

Regarding Trev's round butt cues, are the badges still clear with the writing of the badge beneath the clear surface?

Comment

I've just checked mine (about 6months old) and the badge is the same as the one on the left, but it doesn't taper like that one does.

Maybe to get the tip size he had to taper the ferrule and it might of been to whippy if he had taken any more off the shaft?????

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
        Nice find. I think your theory regarding the ferrule is the correct one. What is the ferrule size?

Regarding Trev's round butt cues, are the badges still clear with the writing of the badge beneath the clear surface?
        Not my cue so not sure on ferrule size, maybe owner will message me or reply here (he's from Hong Kong) plus i dont know about round butt badge, sorry

Comment

a couple of my mates have still got mast cues, off of trevor white.

everyone called them trevor cues anyways so didnt make much difference round here.

here's a questions for you (and no searching) anyone know what why they were called mast cues?

Comment

Originally Posted by the_paz View Post
            ....here's a questions for you (and no searching) anyone know what why they were called mast cues?
            Are they the initials of his children (dont know their exact names tho) bonus points for those who know

Comment

i think the "m" is the wifes initials, the a and s are the kids, and the t is for the famouse tw ?

forgive me if im wrong trevor ?

Comment

Quick Question

Trevor has been around making cues for the longest time. heard he used to be a pro player.

But i have never seen his photo before anywhere!! can't find anything about him.

Comment

Originally Posted by Izzyfcuk View Post
                  Quick Question

Trevor has been around making cues for the longest time. heard he used to be a pro player.

But i have never seen his photo before anywhere!! can't find anything about him.

Never played professionally, and never wanted to either.

If you want a picture, let me know and I'll send you one via email.

It might scare you..

Comment

Originally Posted by the_paz View Post
                    a couple of my mates have still got mast cues, off of trevor white.

everyone called them trevor cues anyways so didnt make much difference round here.

here's a questions for you (and no searching) anyone know what why they were called mast cues?

In fact, it wan't done for any reason.

It was a word I'd placed in the centre of a sample name badge, for no reason other than it was short and meant nothing. It was only when I got home that my eldest daughter noticed the word, and said she knew why I'd put it there, stating that it was an acronym of our family's initials.... T. S. A. M. = MAST

It was a bizarre coincidence, so I decided to keep it.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post

It might scare you..
                      Haha...

Comment

In fact, it wan't done for any reason.

It was a word I'd placed in the centre of a sample name badge, for no reason other than it was short and meant nothing. It was only when I got home that my eldest daughter noticed the word, and said she knew why I'd put it there, stating that it was an acronym of our family's initials.... T. S. A. M. = MAST

It was a bizarre coincidence, so I decided to keep it.
                        That's pretty neat tho

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Not my cue so not sure on ferrule size, maybe owner will message me or reply here (he's from Hong Kong) plus i dont know about round butt badge, sorry
                          the ferrule taper, bottom of ferrule 9.3mm, top of ferrule 9.1mm.

Comment

the taper ferrule 7mm high, bottom of ferrule 9.3mm, top of ferrule 9.1mm.

Comment

It might scare you..
                              Gasp!!! No facebook? lolz

Comment

Working...
                              X