Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS a slimmer cue butt better for a smoother action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
    My hands are not very big and tried to order a cue a bit slimmer than the usual 29.5mm, but Trevor talked me out of it. Have found that 29.5 is quite ok, but do think if any bigger, then would not suit me.
    :snooker:
    smaller hands make it look bigger.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1blonde View Post
      smaller hands make it look bigger.
      As to how you know that I'm not sure....

One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered

Apologies for the poor quality pictures ( not a smokescreen, I need to get a better camera lol ). I hope you make out the measurement on the calipers. Although not digital, they seem accurate ( not to everyone's taste I'm sure ). The blue masking tape was added to prevent scratches to the wood. I hope this clears up the measurement debate, either way I realise I've been using an exceptionally slim cue. Thanks all.
        it looks just a fraction under 25

Comment

Originally Posted by Aameiel View Post
          it looks just a fraction under 25
          Your reading it wrong !!! you have to take the measurement where the "0" on the scale matches up to the main scale...so it looks about 28mm to me (i believe lol)

Comment

Afraid that have to agree with MattHirst. The first set of pics do read 28mm and the second lot of calipers do look a bit on the dodgy side to me, unless MattHirst has done something to them.

Comment

1blonde. I often wondered why it looked big! Now you have mentioned it, you could be right. lol

Comment

Better angle this time and hopefully no blur... still need to pick up a decent camera. :P
                Last edited by Inoffthered; 12 February 2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

A different reading to the first time. But what he heck.

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
                    A different reading to the first time. But what he heck.
                    Yeah whats happened to the other pics lol....definitely 27/28 last time

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      Yeah whats happened to the other pics lol....definitely 27/28 last time
                      Yeah, it didn't help the first time with the angle and blurriness of the pictures, hopefully this last picture helps.

Off topic a sec, does anyone recommend a certain brand of digital camera over another? Been leaning towards either a Fuji or Nikon... budget of @ £200 ( I know there's some good sales to be had atm ).

Comment

wow u guys still going on about this cue ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

http://www.youtube.com/user/aameiel?.../1/A4WytTusemM

that link says it all

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                          Yeah, it didn't help the first time with the angle and blurriness of the pictures, hopefully this last picture helps.

Off topic a sec, does anyone recommend a certain brand of digital camera over another? Been leaning towards either a Fuji or Nikon... budget of @ £200 ( I know there's some good sales to be had atm ).
                          Mmmmm, long thread. Not seen any other pictures, but that cue def. looks like it's just under 25mm.

Regarding a new camera, I've always found Fuji to be pretty reliable. Canon also make some good cameras too.

Comment

Originally Posted by CoolBlue View Post
                            Mmmmm, long thread. Not seen any other pictures, but that cue def. looks like it's just under 25mm.

Regarding a new camera, I've always found Fuji to be pretty reliable. Canon also make some good cameras too.
                            Yes, Canon if you are willing to splash a bit more... for GBP200, i would go for a Fuji as they're good value for money.
                            When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Aameiel View Post
                              wow u guys still going on about this cue ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

http://www.youtube.com/user/aameiel?.../1/A4WytTusemM

that link says it all
                              Brilliant!

Love this thread even though I couldn't give a monkey's about the cue.
                              Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                                Yes, Canon if you are willing to splash a bit more... for GBP200, i would go for a Fuji as they're good value for money.
                                In the end I went for a Canon, Powershot SX210 IS. Just need to pick up a mem. card from Tescos tomorrow and will try out some more shots to see the difference in picture quality.
                                Last edited by Inoffthered; 13 February 2011, 11:22 PM. Reason: Corrected camera name.

Comment

Working...
                                X