Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS a slimmer cue butt better for a smoother action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inoffthered, don't go to Tesco, you can get cheaper elsewhere. Try Picstop and get a Sandisk Ultra 11 or 111or above these and get one big enough for the amount of pixels. At least 2GB or above. Do not get one of the cheaper ones, cos they will not be as fast. If you want to stretch a little more, go for the Extreme.

Sandisk and Lexar the the two best you can buy.
    :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
      Inoffthered, don't go to Tesco, you can get cheaper elsewhere. Try Picstop and get a Sandisk Ultra 11 or 111or above these and get one big enough for the amount of pixels. At least 2GB or above. Do not get one of the cheaper ones, cos they will not be as fast. If you want to stretch a little more, go for the Extreme.

Sandisk and Lexar the the two best you can buy.
      Very pleased with the build quality of the Canon. Thanks again for your help Acro.

Comment

You are very welcome Inoffthered. Hope that you like the camera.

Am even thinking of getting one myself, as well has having SLR's, also have one of the earlier Canon Compacts, but not as compacta as they are now. Had it for 9 years and in those days, it cost £500 and is 4 million pixels, which was quite a lot in those days. It still takes absolutely good pics, but sometimes the lens cover sticks a little, so think is time for a new one that can carry around with me when am out and about. Only wished that they still had the eye level viewfinders.

Comment

You are very welcome Inoffthered. Hope that you like the camera.

Am even thinking of getting one myself, as well has having SLR's, also have one of the earlier Canon Compacts, but not as compacta as they are now. Had it for 9 years and in those days, it cost £500 and is 4 million pixels, which was quite a lot in those days. It still takes absolutely good pics, but sometimes the lens cover sticks a little, so think is time for a new one that can carry around with me when am out and about. Only wished that they still had the eye level viewfinders.
          Yeah, I hear ya. My old Sony Cybershot is a very slim and compact camera, @ 6mp at the top setting, most of the pics I take ( inc. those in that have been in this thread are 3mp ), it's just not too good at close up shots . It's still a good camera and will be handy for a spare. But for when I'm out and about this Spring & Summer the Canon will be doing the hard work. From the many reviews I've seen, the Canon PS 210 compares favorably with some SLR's ( which is pretty damned good when you think it's only a compact ).

Comment

This Canon Powershot rocks!

OMG... First picture is taken at a similar distance, but the zoom and clarity of the other shots I could only dream of getting on my old Sony.. You rock Acro!

Gonna have fun playing with this cam's settings...

Comment

Am pleased you like the camera Inoffthered and the pics have improved. What colour did you get?

Comment

Am pleased you like the camera Inoffthered and the pics have improved. What colour did you get?
                Black & silver. ( did think about dazzling pink, but wasn't brave enough haha ).
                Last edited by Inoffthered; 15 February 2011, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X