Members Opinions On Cue Craft Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members Opinions On Cue Craft Cues

I would to like the opinion of the members on here on what they think about Cue Craft Cues i have just bought a brand new 3/4 Monarch and compared to the older cues that i have also had from Cue Craft like the Sherwood and Carlton i am not at all impressed with the quality of this one i paid top money for this and i was hoping for something better like my older cues was just want the members to be honest of what they think of Cue Craft.

Am sure Dave is willing to exchange it or the like if you're not happy with it Matt, you might find that the same make of cue with exactly the same spec is the one you're after.

Always best to try a cue before you purchase as two supposedly identical cues can be completely different.
    One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Dave is a fantastic guy im not dissing him and i did try the cue when first bought it was arrow straight and i have had it 3 days now and its bent like a banana and i have not even played a game with it. Its the shaft i am mostly concerned about people of told me that i play pool and snooker that it looks like a cheap ash shaft and its supposed to be one of Cue Crafts top spec cues and the shafts on all my other cues were fantastic i couldnt fault them. Dave is collecting the friday morning hopefully he sorts me a new shaft out that is straight but i hope he dont just straighten the bent shaft as cue makers have told me that the bend will return over time if he doesnt sort it i will be asking for my money back or just sell the cue to get some of the money spent on it and go and buy a handmade cue which i should have bought first off.

Comment

EEEEKKKKK, not good that.

Am sure it will be replaced and not just straightened, could just be a bogus shaft but then you'd have to question how it got out of the workshop in the first place!

Am sure Dave will respond to this once his laptop is up and working again.
        One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

I got a cue craft pc9 as a cheap stop gap cue while i save up for a keeper, its supposed to be a pool cue but is to a snooker cue spec. RRP 115, got it for £47 new inc delivery

its good for the price i paid, the shaft isn't the prettiest but it does the job, has a good solid hit, so i cant grumble.

However if i was in your situation i would be grumbling, i've heard the their after sales service is good so i'm sure you will get sorted out.
          http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Yeah hopefully Dave will sort me out with a new shaft and i was thinking the same how it got out of the workshop its one of the biggest bends i have ever seen on a cue lol.

Comment

i honestly say dont ever touch a cue craft cue the quality of them and their service is so poor.

I have seen a lot of cue craft cues the finish is poor the slots for the badges are to big and there are big gaps between the edge of the badge and the cue.

I think you would be better playing with a broom handle than a cue craft cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
                Yeah hopefully Dave will sort me out with a new shaft and i was thinking the same how it got out of the workshop its one of the biggest bends i have ever seen on a cue lol.
                Thought you said you tried it and it was "arrow straight"? Even the best cue makers are not fortune tellers! Must admit for the bend to appear in only 3 days does seem a little strange. Sure you haven't had it leant up against a wall or close to a source of heat ie. a radiator?

Comment

I bought a cue craft custom job via snookerpoolman on here as a "cheap" option while I was waiting on a "top" cue being made. I'm still using the cue craft.

No complaints whatsoever. Great cue great service great guys, great price.

Just shows you.

Comment

It was arrow straight it was kept on the case on top of my bed i havent even used it yet so i dunno what has gone off with it its no where near a radiator and i have kept all of my cues there where it is now so i could explain what has happened.

I have had a few cue craft cues before which where good quality for the money i paid for them but its just this one that im really dissapointed in but hopefully Dave sorts me out when he picks the cue up tomorrow so should be all good.

Comment

i have used a cue craft mirage for 15 years now. i think the quality is pretty good and its served me well with a few centuries and many 50-80 breaks. having said that i am just about to take delivery of a custom tony glover cue (can't wait) with a slightly larger tip size. i hope this cue lives up to my old trusty cue craft, but more importantly helps me improve and play better.

regards

Comment

I hope you get it sorted out Matt. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful suggesting you left it against a wall mate, but, to be honest, for it to warp in only 3 days is almost unheard of, to me at least. Good luck.

Comment

No GT thats fine mate and i was a shock to me and Dave has collected the cue from my house today and i hope it gets sorted which i know it will .

Comment

I am absolutley chuffed on what a good job Dave has done about the problems with my cue just need to start playing with it to see if i can get used to it now as it is perfect cant thank Dave enough what a top man!!

Comment

Whats been done with it then Matt?

Comment

Working...
                              X