snooker cue tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snooker cue tips

after using lots of different tips including laminated tips and pig skin tips i have just gone back to a blue diamond tip and i think all these new tips that give you better performance also help you when your playing bad e.g bad cue action but using these blue diamond tips i think to generate the power and/or spin you really need to be cueing at your best which i think is an advantage because then you will always try and concentrate on cueing properly and dont cost like a tenner a tip. whats your views

I tried a Talisman laminated tip but didn't get on with it, also tried an Elkmaster and Blue diamond and didn't like how it kept going out of shape.
    The best tip I've tried is the standard Mike Wooldridge tip, has anyone tried his laminated ones and how were they?

Comment

ive tried all of them aswell and i havnt tried mike yet but ordered some are they the super tips your talking about? do they play the way he sais on the website?

Comment

Originally Posted by centurysnooker View Post
        ive tried all of them aswell and i havnt tried mike yet but ordered some are they the super tips your talking about? do they play the way he sais on the website?
        i play with a mike super tip and they are very good i think. i would recommend you try one

Comment

Originally Posted by tornado taylor View Post
          i play with a mike super tip and they are very good i think. i would recommend you try one
          with the laminated tips the chalk doesnt seem to stay on well. does the super tips keep it shape and keep the chalk well.

cheers

Comment

I can honestly say after having always used elkmasters i bought a new cue and got some of the mike`s supertips 5 for £13 on ebay direct from him, put the tip on the new cue went upto club and normally with say a elk your have to have a few frames to bed it in even if you knock it flat with the cue ball, anyway put mikes tip on 1st frame had a 55 clearance with it, 3rd frame a 70 clearance and a few 30`s in between and this is playing for money not just a knockabout so they tip played well. The tip felt like it had been on the cue weeks from new they are that good.

Put one on a friends cue he was playing a match that night and he played superb he also said it felt great, so mikes super tips are as good as he has said.

I have tried the talisman on a friends cue and they just dont hold the chalk well.

Mikes tips are great saves time buying elks and blue diamond and having to find a fgood one, as mikes tips play superb from the first shot, all i did was re-shape it at the end of the night after 6 frames and it has held the same shape ever since.

Comment

ive been buying talisman medium and soft tips for the past 6 months to a year and they do play well as i have had many breaks but its just in my mind that when i miss cue i dont feel confident with the tip because it doesnt hold its chalk so i want a tip that keeps its chalk on so i am confident with the tip even if i miss cue and its my fault i will know it was mine and not the tip. so i will try the super tips but for now im going to use a standerd blue diamond.

Comment

You cant go wrong with geninue tweeten elks, buffalo blue diamonds (also made by tweeten) or MW supertip original.

I have used MW supertip laminated and they are good but much prefer one of the three above.

Comment

thanks for the advice i will try the mw supertips and see how i get on with them hopefully they get here this week and i will let you know if they were worth it

Comment

good idea mate.

Are you buying them direct from Mike? Usually he pretty good at posting them out but if in doubt, email asking him to post them out asap.

Comment

With all the variety of tips available it's very easy to get confused.
                      If you prefer single compressed tip then you won't find a more consistent tip then mike Woolridge Supertip.If you are looking for something harder then the titan cuetips are very good.

In layered tips,Talisman soft are the best sellers by a country mile.
                      My deep screw shot
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Originally Posted by centurysnooker View Post
                        with the laminated tips the chalk doesnt seem to stay on well. does the super tips keep it shape and keep the chalk well.

cheers
                        i can honestly say that other than a bit of shaping when i first put it on i haven't touch it since and its been on along time now. no problem with holding chalk either. like already mentioned i liked the fact that the tip was playable straightaway.

Comment

Originally Posted by finabb View Post
                          I tried a Talisman laminated tip but didn't get on with it, also tried an Elkmaster and Blue diamond and didn't like how it kept going out of shape.
                          The best tip I've tried is the standard Mike Wooldridge tip, has anyone tried his laminated ones and how were they?
                          I've tried Mike's laminated tip but found it too hard for my liking. His Super tips I found to be very good.
                          The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by chris433 View Post
                            I can honestly say after having always used elkmasters i bought a new cue and got some of the mike`s supertips 5 for £13 on ebay direct from him, put the tip on the new cue went upto club and normally with say a elk your have to have a few frames to bed it in even if you knock it flat with the cue ball, anyway put mikes tip on 1st frame had a 55 clearance with it, 3rd frame a 70 clearance and a few 30`s in between and this is playing for money not just a knockabout so they tip played well. The tip felt like it had been on the cue weeks from new they are that good.

Put one on a friends cue he was playing a match that night and he played superb he also said it felt great, so mikes super tips are as good as he has said.

I have tried the talisman on a friends cue and they just dont hold the chalk well.

Mikes tips are great saves time buying elks and blue diamond and having to find a fgood one, as mikes tips play superb from the first shot, all i did was re-shape it at the end of the night after 6 frames and it has held the same shape ever since.
                            quite agree

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                              good idea mate.

Are you buying them direct from Mike? Usually he pretty good at posting them out but if in doubt, email asking him to post them out asap.
                              No i bought them on ebay from ADR as their the same price and same tips didnt realise mike sold them from his shop on ebay but they will still be genuine and hopefully be with me this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X