snooker cue tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by centurysnooker View Post
    after using lots of different tips including laminated tips and pig skin tips i have just gone back to a blue diamond tip and i think all these new tips that give you better performance also help you when your playing bad e.g bad cue action but using these blue diamond tips i think to generate the power and/or spin you really need to be cueing at your best which i think is an advantage because then you will always try and concentrate on cueing properly and dont cost like a tenner a tip. whats your views
    Well I used to use BD'S years ago ...then Elkmasters , tried in the last few years Le professionals ,Talismans ,and other laminated ones (all of which I did not rate , then a year or so ago went back to BD's and have found them to be great, as long as you put a firm one on then they are perfect and last for ages , maybe Ive just been lucky with them , but I wouldnt now use anything else than a blue diamond.
    :snooker:

Comment

I have found the mike wooldrigde tips a little hard and tended to miss cue when using deep screw, i was always miss cueing, so ihave gone back to my elkmasters, a little soft to begin with then just fine, just wish they lasted a bit longer.

Comment

anything but blue diamonds - they are so badly made i will not even sell them.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I just got some elkmasters tips in the post today from a guy who lives close to me, great tips.

Comment

Gotta disagree with you andrew, Althou I do admit sometimes you have to try a few to get good one with these New Brunswick Blue Diamonds but when you do get Good one then they really do play well.

I have been using them for over 30yrs and the older Blue Diamonds were definately better but for the price of a box of Blue Diamonds it doesn't matter if you Chuck Half the Box away at around £13/£15 a Box!....Still works out less than 50p a Tip!

I have tried Most Tips as I also Re-Tip Cues everyday for many years, I have used elks but find these go Shiney very quickly if playing alot.

Gotta say Mike Wooldridge Super Tips are ok they Play rather well from the Start so I do recommend them.

Just Personal Preference......BLUE DIAMOND TIP.......FOR ME!

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
              Gotta disagree with you andrew, Althou I do admit sometimes you have to try a few to get good one with these New Brunswick Blue Diamonds but when you do get Good one then they really do play well.

I have been using them for over 30yrs and the older Blue Diamonds were definately better but for the price of a box of Blue Diamonds it doesn't matter if you Chuck Half the Box away at around £13/£15 a Box!....Still works out less than 50p a Tip!

I have tried Most Tips as I also Re-Tip Cues everyday for many years, I have used elks but find these go Shiney very quickly if playing alot.

Gotta say Mike Wooldridge Super Tips are ok they Play rather well from the Start so I do recommend them.

Just Personal Preference......BLUE DIAMOND TIP.......FOR ME!

Gaz.
              experience tells me the number of complaints was too high mate - simple as that - oh and by the way they are a lot more expensive than that. rrp is £29.99

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                rrp is £29.99
                I never get Complaints m8 as I try them before I hand Cue Back! And as I mentioned I will keep changing them til I get a Cracker!

I don't take much Notice of RRP......

My Local Sport Shop sells them cheaper than that when buying Singlely!...50p Each x 50 = £25

Gaz.

Comment

quite a few of you have commented on mikes supertips, and i just realised i have a few here from ADR a few years back, so i have just fitted it and had a quick knock. they seem verry good, but i am fed up of retipping my cue every month using elks so my question is in comparison to the elks how do they hold there shape ?

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
                    quite a few of you have commented on mikes supertips, and i just realised i have a few here from ADR a few years back, so i have just fitted it and had a quick knock. they seem verry good, but i am fed up of retipping my cue every month using elks so my question is in comparison to the elks how do they hold there shape ?
                    I think very well mate I haven't touched mine at all yet and its been on along time.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                      I never get Complaints m8 as I try them before I hand Cue Back! And as I mentioned I will keep changing them til I get a Cracker!

I don't take much Notice of RRP......

My Local Sport Shop sells them cheaper than that when buying Singlely!...50p Each x 50 = £25

Gaz.
                      must be old stock. you could not sell them at 50p each now you would go broke.

Comment

been sitting on this mike wooldridge super tip for a good few years, just happened to come accross it today by chance, great first impression, very good in fact ! might just leave this on for a while !

Comment

Working...
                        X