Chilseled butts for Maple cues???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
    do you have a flat in the butt of your cue wayne ?
    Well I've had both. but currently it's flat

Comment

which do you prefer ?

is there a reason to this ?

i have never had a round butt, but im sure i will one day as i seem to go through enough cues, so i wouldnt have an opinion, but i do hold my cue towards the end, so i can always feel the flat ?
      when i used to play with ash i always had the flat at the bottom and had trevor to make me a cue with the shaft reversed (badge opposite the shevrons)

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
        which do you prefer ?

is there a reason to this ?

i have never had a round butt, but im sure i will one day as i seem to go through enough cues, so i wouldnt have an opinion, but i do hold my cue towards the end, so i can always feel the flat ?
        when i used to play with ash i always had the flat at the bottom and had trevor to make me a cue with the shaft reversed (badge opposite the shevrons)
        Well I like it round. But it's hard to find cues ready made round so I was just sort of ranting.

It's just a personal thing I guess. My mind feels that maple and round butts go together. And after finding out that the flat butt was actually functional for a game called croquet makes it even more harder to accept on any kind of cues now haha

Im weird like that

Comment

Originally Posted by wayync View Post
          Well I like it round. But it's hard to find cues ready made round so I was just sort of ranting.

It's just a personal thing I guess. My mind feels that maple and round butts go together. And after finding out that the flat butt was actually functional for a game called croquet makes it even more harder to accept on any kind of cues now haha

Im weird like that
          i did get the feeling it was a bit of a sore subject early on in the thread, and i can see where you are comming from, but the majority of cues do have them so cues sold off the shelf will most likely have them.
          i suppose if your the kind of person (like lots are) who is always looking for that special cue, will your next custom cue be round ? and if so will it resell easilly if you decide its not for you ?
          i seem to notice that there are more rounded butt cues going round lately so your not alone with your feelings !

Comment

Working...
          X