Cueless and Pennyless......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cueless and Pennyless......

Come on sods, agree to those contracts we've quoted for as I've had to sell both my cues now as well as my mountain bike, I'm not selling my A**£ just yet but it might come to that soon!

Donations recieved greatly!
    One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Maybe some kind hearted soul will take pitty on you and donate a cue, Come on guys some one must be able to help.
    Good luck with the contracts dwot

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
      Maybe some kind hearted soul will take pitty on you and donate a cue, Come on guys some one must be able to help.
      Good luck with the contracts dwot
      LOL, would be lovely but this IS NOT to be me begging for owt, just mearly a post about my own misfortune just now....

I know by then end of Spring I'll be in a possition to buy a really good cue that I hope will last me the rest of my snooker life (Not who or what yet, have had some contact with Trevor but the waiting list might put me off there!) as I'll have done loads of Ecology work by then, just things V slow right now and as I said we're waiting in the go ahead for a few good contracts....

Now if you'd shaved a tiny amount of all the cues you'd had I could have taken all those bits, glued them together and hey presto, a JP, TW, MW etc etc etc all on one that would have been worth a fortune!

Comment

I do have the 2 inch piece that I cut of my Trevor White, It has the added bonus of having a ferrule, all you need is to put a tip on it and away you go might be a bit on the short side but I'm sure that you'll get you to it. Who knows you might get into the guiness book of world records for the shortest cue.

Comment

I do have the 2 inch piece that I cut of my Trevor White, It has the added bonus of having a ferrule, all you need is to put a tip on it and away you go might be a bit on the short side but I'm sure that you'll get you to it. Who knows you might get into the guiness book of world records for the shortest cue.
          FOUL! I don't think it would pass the 3' rule.. need more contrbutions...

Here's one drunken straightening attempt from me to add to the pot. 4" of solid maple and 8inch of half a shaft (or less!). Very playable tho..
          Last edited by perpetualboredom; 11 February 2011, 05:41 PM.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Nice piece that, Would'nt want it to touch my chin, could be painfull all tho's splinters.

Comment

Here's one of my straightening attempts
              30 year old approx Maple shaft, 9 3/4" 9mm 0.7oz (this was my 1st cue, just a hand painted butt thing that warped over the years just stood up against the wall in the garage)
              At one point (before snapping it) i was considering sending it away to have a handspliced butt added, don't think i'll bother now
              Last edited by jrc750; 11 February 2011, 11:51 PM. Reason: bit of history added lol

Comment

All we need now is a butt and some strong glue

Comment

Quality, not long now before I get my dream cue for nowt, now if I can get Trevor and Mike to donate a few bits and one of them is prepared to glue it all together for me I recon we're on to a winner!

Comment

Trevor is a top bloke, send all your bits to me at Blue Peter Make a Cue.com
                    and I'll make sure that trevor gets all the bits, although I think he might say heres one I made earlier

Comment

Trevor is a top bloke, send all your bits to me at Blue Peter Make a Cue.com
                      and I'll make sure that trevor gets all the bits, although I think he might say heres one I made earlier
                      LOL, If his cues are as good as everybody says they are, the shavings off his workshop floor plus these bits and I've got a cue that capable of turning me into a 147 man of you believe what some folk will tell you in order to flog a cue!

I mean if a bit of tape is worth an extra few hundred imagine what you could make in ebay just from the shavings on a workshop floor and a few stolen pots of glue and a vice!

Comment

Working...
                      X