Ronnies new cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnies new cue

Does anyone know which cue Ronnie is using in grand prix ?

His new one!
    By all acounts it's virtually the same as his last one.
    Welll looks the same anyway!
    John Parris "Traditional" but will be better quality than an off the shelf for Ronnie. May or may not have an ultimate badge instead!
    Don't know if the spec is different, I asked Dean his mate about it ages ago but didn't get a reply!

Comment

cheers if you find out more lets us know watford

Comment

its is a john parris traditional and his are alweays badged traditional not ultimate) and the specification is 58 1/8in long, 9.6mm tip and 18 1/4 oz.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

hi, it looks like his new cue is a 1 piece cue.

his previous cue (which he gave away after losing in the semi finals against Graeme Dott), was it a 1 piece cue as well? I notice the joint there but it seems like its a modification.

The joint is very interesting imo, can someone share what he did with that cue and joint

Comment

cues

yes the new one is one piece the last was 3/4 but had been a one piece he had it cut he also owned a centre split cue for when he was travelling to competitions by motorbike (nutter!) which i own! all the cues are the same traditional design and by john parris and have a traditional badge.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147
              yes the new one is one piece the last was 3/4 but had been a one piece he had it cut he also owned a centre split cue for when he was travelling to competitions by motorbike (nutter!) which i own! all the cues are the same traditional design and by john parris and have a traditional badge.

Actually his new cue is badged up as an Ultimate as was his previous cue. My mate got a good look at it last week at an exhibition match near Bristol.

Comment

he is mistaken - i had in in my hand recently! - feel free to ring john parris and ask him!

Comment

I don't need to ring Parris up, as if he would bother with such a petty thing. My mate was sat right next to him and saw it was an Ultimate with a 3 digit number but couldn't quite see what the numbers were.

I think you may have been mistaken for thinking you had it in your hands, what on earth would you have to do with Ronnies cue anyway?!!

You can even check the photos on Keynsham SC's website if you don't believe me, you can see from a couple of the photos that it doesn't have a standard traditional badge but an Ultimate. You need to enlarge the pictures though to see it.
                  Now come back on here and tell us the truth!

Comment

he has a talisman hard pro tip fitted on it! - its my job - see the document e-mailed to you. - to be fair to you though ronnie is known to alter things about his cue all the time.

Comment

you understand i was in no way trying to provoke you right? i am not too bothered what is written on a badge one way or the other i just thought you might be interested. I have both a traditional and an ultimate here and I have looked on keyshams snooker centre website at the photos and compared by looking at both the cues in front of me and i think................ i have no bloody idea about the badge!!!! the picture is not clear enough it could be either one!! according to John, Ronnie's present playing cue is 58 1/8in long, 9.6mm tip and 18 1/4 oz. Talisman hard pro tip 11mm. according to my memory the badge is a traditional, for definate it always has been in the past.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147
                        you understand i was in no way trying to provoke you right? i am not too bothered what is written on a badge one way or the other i just thought you might be interested. I have both a traditional and an ultimate here and I have looked on keyshams snooker centre website at the photos and compared by looking at both the cues in front of me and i think................ i have no bloody idea about the badge!!!! the picture is not clear enough it could be either one!! according to John, Ronnie's present playing cue is 58 1/8in long, 9.6mm tip and 18 1/4 oz. Talisman hard pro tip 11mm. according to my memory the badge is a traditional, for definate it always has been in the past.
                        interesting.
                        i have heard the rumour about various pros using talisman tips. Looks like they are picking up -_-

Did Ron have it shape down to the ferrule or overhanging? I doubt he has ever use a mushroom tip in the past?

I kinda like the idea of a 1/3 joint over 3/4s really. But then, its could just plain useless lust and might not help my game

Comment

I already use the same tip on my cue, I fit it myself. I just don't understand or believe that Ronnie would send his cue up to Scotland to have a tip fitted to it!??! They are good tips, last forever, well not exactly but much longer than Elks or BD's. Shame they are so expensive for a bit of leather glued together.

Comment

New Ronnie's cue is cool
                            2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                            2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

lol maybe but i suspect ronnie could play with a tomato cane if you put a tip on it!

Comment

Working...
                              X