Ronnies new cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147
    yes the new one is one piece the last was 3/4 but had been a one piece he had it cut he also owned a centre split cue for when he was travelling to competitions by motorbike (nutter!) which i own! all the cues are the same traditional design and by john parris and have a traditional badge.
    So you got that centre split cue!
    You got it for a good price, I was going to bid for it but missed the aution because I was watching Ronnie when it finished!

Comment

yes i forget what i paid but i checked with john first that it was authentic. £230 including delivery? its a nice cue but to be honest i have seen better - dominic dales trevor white is the nicest cue i have seen i believe it is owned by the collector chris lloyd now.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

ronnie normally fits his own tips. you have to if you change that often! - they are expensive at trade aswell but compared with any top class cue they are still cheap!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Hi

I like the design of ronnies cue but can't decide what timber to use in the butt with the thick maple veneer, any ideas ???

does anybody know what is in ronnies cue ?

I think it might be a single-facing splice in Ovangkol ???

thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker_wiz View Post
            Hi

I think it might be a single-facing splice in Ovangkol ???

thanks
            yep it is. you can see it on JP website
            Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Yep it's just like a Traditional but really looks to be like a Burwat champion (like Ronnies first cue was).
              Burwat champs used tulip wood, cocobolo and other reddy woods that looked good too.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                yes i forget what i paid but i checked with john first that it was authentic. £230 including delivery? its a nice cue but to be honest i have seen better - dominic dales trevor white is the nicest cue i have seen i believe it is owned by the collector chris lloyd now.
                Chris has two cues that Trevor made for Dominic.

One is a 1 piece with a burr front splice the other is a 3/4 plain ebony with maple shaft.

The maple cue is possibly the finest cue I have ever seen.
                Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Ronnies Cue

A friend told me a story today that Ronnie snapped his cue in two the other day and rang John Parris as he needed a new cue to play in a match. So Parris sent him 7 cues to try out. Is this true has anyone heard this as my mate seems to talk **** at times???

Comment

is thats true, there was steve davis and john parrot talking about on tv today

Comment

So, the new cue has the same spec as the one he broke?
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                        So, the new cue has the same spec as the one he broke?
                        No it sounds like Parris sent him seven cues up to try out, basically none were to spec and therefore Ronnie isn't really happy with the cue itself. I expect he'll make do during this tournament but I reckon JP will be making him a few to the spec of his previous cues.

Basically I imagine the cues he sent him were probably stock cues off the shelf, though because they were for Ronnie they'll amazingly have an Ultimate badge on them because he wouldn't want to see a pro on TV using a standard cue. The cue doesn't look too great on TV, the grain looks pretty wild and the points aren't sharp like most professionals prefer.

Comment

its amazing to see how fast Ronnie adapts to a new cue and plays like if he was using his old cue.

Comment

I smashed my cue up last week too in a fit of pique ... I phoned JP up and he sent 10 cues down but I didn't like any of them ...

So I phoned MW up and he said he'd be pleased to help except his wife was oiling his shaft ...

Anyone got TW's phone number?

Comment

Quality.. I needed that laugh.

Comment

Working...
                              X