Cue choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue choice

Im looking to get a hand made cue and have a budget of 300 max for everything (case and extensions). Any ideas on cue makers and advice on what sort of cue I could get for that price etc.

Thanks

your not going to get a new cue, case and extensions for 300 from any of the top makers they charge around 300 just for a plain 3 quarter ash and ebony cue. if i was you try stu at greenbaize cues his gbl cues are as good as any i have owned 3 myself and he does some great deals give him a ring he has just got his 3 quarter new batch in too so he should have plenty to choose from.

Comment

As Already said you won't Get Any Top Cue Makers Cues with Case and Extensions for £300.

You could Give Andrew a Ring hes ADR147 on this Forum Tel: 01250 875802

Give Stuart a Ring at Greenbaize Tel:01642 760888 and Say Gaz from Wales Told you to Ring!

You could also Try Dave and Simon at Craftmans Cues Tel: 01132 865744

Gaz.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I know I wouldn't get a top one and I'll look into them and see what they can do for me. I've seen Dunns cues but I've heard that their cues aren't the best?
        Thanks.
        Last edited by milla020; 15 February 2011, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Dunns cues aren't the best. They are far from the best.
          Snooker will rise once again

Comment

You could always get a T W etc and a cheap case for now and extentions later as i dont think they are essential , If you did want the full package you will have to look hard to beat GBL cues for quality and value for money and you should get the whole package for your budget .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
              You could always get a T W etc and a cheap case for now and extentions later as i dont think they are essential , If you did want the full package you will have to look hard to beat GBL cues for quality and value for money and you should get the whole package for your budget .
              that is very solid advice - i don't even own extensions for my cue.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

ive just bought a 1 piece Green Baize cue fronm Stu Green and i can honestly say its probly the best cue ive played with for a long long time, the cue is very well crafted and perfectly balenced. i think if you get the chance then buy a GBL cue, if the demand for gbl cues grows then the prices will go up so get one now at a reasnable price

Comment

Seen quite a few GBL cues in my club, as we are not far from Greenbaize, and everyone looks really well made, cant go wrong with them really, unless of course you want the badge snobbery of a Parris

Comment

You can get some beautiful O'Min cues through Unclevit here on the forum or go for his new 'C' brand of handmade cues which look to be top notch as well.
                    Check his profile and look through his postings for some recent cues from him, the workmanship looks to be fantastic.
                    You could get the cue, case and extensions within your budget easily.

Here is pictures of a custom cue that I have ordered from him for my father.
                    It looks great and has taken only around one month to make.
                    Just waiting for it to be posted out.

Last edited by gem; 15 February 2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

That looks very nice gem....is that bloodwood ???
                      Are you allowed to say how much for cue alone shipped to UK ???

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        That looks very nice gem....is that bloodwood ???
                        Are you allowed to say how much for cue alone shipped to UK ???
                        It is actually a brighter coloured Cocobolo and I was delighted how it turned out.

I would rather not say the price but if it plays as good as it looks then it is fantastic value.
                        You could easily have a custom cue with extensions and buy a case for the O.P's budget.

I think once this brand gets more recognised the price will increase a bit.

Comment

Working...
                        X