No announcement yet.

Cue's Balance Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think when you custom make a cue, you may indicate the BP and spec to the cue maker. Your cue maker will be able to advise you whether your BP suit your spec of the cue. The cue maker are expert in cues and will be able to advise you.

Comment

Originally Posted by finabb View Post
      I have a cue with a BP of 17 1/2inches but on some shots I feel the cue is butt heavy. How would the person i send the cue to (Dave Coutts) move the balance point to 20inches without adding weight.
      Thanks
      what you are asking for is possible if you would like to remove a lot of weight of the butt end of the cue. The amount depends on the point on the butt end where this would be removed. In plain simple terms you would have to thin the butt by approximately 4 mm and you would be left with a very thin butt. dont know too many people who are comfortable with this thin a butt

Comment

balance point

a plain ash or maple shaft before anything is done to it weighs between 14 ounce and maybe 16-17 depending on length standard 57-1/2 is averaged about 15 -16 ounce and balances at about 19-20 in from butt so if you want that kind of balance you would have to just play with a plain butt f you wanted it splicing to make it a bit fancy you would have to have it spliced with lighter less dense woods

Comment

Working...
        X