ebay john parris cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay john parris cue

looking on ebay at cues and i noticed this john parris cue that looked quiet cheap at only £165 start and £210 buy it now with case but it looks like the badge is a bit funny?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/john-parris-ch...item2a0e545739

The badge does not look legit in my opinion. Also, the short butt isn't a Parris - Parris' short butts do not have a gold plate underneath the screw. I may be wrong, but as a Parris cue owner for the past 12 years, I would personally avoid.

Comment

Yeah I thought the same about the badge. Also the mini-butt doesn't look like a Parris either.

Comment

thats what i thought because my parris looks nothing like that and the mini butt is a funny gold colour. if its fake its not a very good fake

Comment

Sorry, by short butt I meant mini-butt.

The finish on the actual butt of the cue underneath the badge also looks a little suspect as does the screw joint on the shaft - would be interesting to see if there's a red tinge at the end of the black splices on the shaft - one of Parris' trademarks.

Comment

would be interesting to see if someone buys it. i think its always best to buy from new unless you know it is genuine even if it does cost more and you might lose money on it but al least it will be the real product

Comment

I agree , the mini-butt is totally wrong.
              However I can't tell if the name plate is a wrong-un due to being so badly out of focus, but the badge should be cream in colour, not white.

I suppose it could be legit, but with an aftermarket mini-butt fitted ?

the best thing to do is ask the seller, just a thought.
              don't miss!

Comment

Originally Posted by centurysnooker View Post
                would be interesting to see if someone buys it. i think its always best to buy from new unless you know it is genuine even if it does cost more and you might lose money on it but al least it will be the real product
                Great point - always buy from new, never eBay for the following reason alone: how do you know an eBay Parris Ultimate is legit? The quality of wood Parris uses for the cue shaft determines whether a Parris Cue is an ultimate, or special, or exclusive, or classic, champion etc. yet all butts are made the same way - only the measurements, decoration differ, yet the Parris badge goes on the butt of course.

I have an ash JP Special yet a guy down my local club has a JP Classic maple - the shaft of which fits perfectly on my cue butt. So what's to stop someone putting a Classic, or Regal JP shaft costing £250-300 on a butt bearing the Ultimate badge and selling it as an Ultimate cue for £600-£800 or more - when in fact the £550 Ultimate shaft sits at home as the guy has a new £80 replacement butt made.

Comment

Originally Posted by marriott View Post
                  Great point - always buy from new, never eBay for the following reason alone: how do you know an eBay Parris Ultimate is legit? The quality of wood Parris uses for the cue shaft determines whether a Parris Cue is an ultimate, or special, or exclusive, or classic, champion etc. yet all butts are made the same way - only the measurements, decoration differ, yet the Parris badge goes on the butt of course.

I have an ash JP Special yet a guy down my local club has a JP Classic maple - the shaft of which fits perfectly on my cue butt. So what's to stop someone putting a Classic, or Regal JP shaft costing £250-300 on a butt bearing the Ultimate badge and selling it as an Ultimate cue for £600-£800 or more - when in fact the £550 Ultimate shaft sits at home as the guy has a new £80 replacement butt made.
                  yeah its even worse when people can just pick up a rack cue that looks similar to a top cue makers cue and stick a badge on it and the price goes from a tenner to 300 quid its a joke. maybe you should do that .

Comment

Well somebody just bought it, so if its genuine a bit of a bargain

Comment

and if its not then he got ripped off . will soon find out if it goes on ebay again any time soon

Comment

Originally Posted by centurysnooker View Post
                        yeah its even worse when people can just pick up a rack cue that looks similar to a top cue makers cue and stick a badge on it and the price goes from a tenner to 300 quid its a joke. maybe you should do that .
                        Haha, i'm not skilled enough to change badges! i'd probably get them mixed up anyway - end up selling a 'rack' Parris ultimate for a tenner

Comment

Originally Posted by marriott View Post
                          Haha, i'm not skilled enough to change badges! i'd probably get them mixed up anyway - end up selling a 'rack' Parris ultimate for a tenner
                          yeah haha

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Well somebody just bought it, so if its genuine a bit of a bargain
                            its not so its very expensive!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                              its not so its very expensive!
                              yep bought a 20 quid cue for 210 quid a little bargain

Comment

Working...
                              X