Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding a 3/4 joint

Hi guys,
    I have a 1piece JP Traditional and I'm considering having a 3/4 joint added as its becoming a hassle when travelling to away league matches and tournaments. Will having a joint added significantly change the way the cue 'plays' if you know what I mean.

Also how much weight will the joint add to the cue, and will it affect the resell value of the cue?

Originally Posted by rbp1991 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have a 1piece JP Traditional and I'm considering having a 3/4 joint added as its becoming a hassle when travelling to away league matches and tournaments. Will having a joint added significantly change the way the cue 'plays' if you know what I mean.

Also how much weight will the joint add to the cue, and will it affect the resell value of the cue?

I believe joins weigh anything from 1.5 - 2 or more.ounces. If your cue is already weighted then there may be some room for adjustment, but I hear that some cuemakers don't like messing with these. Having the join added by JP and keeping receipts might help retain resale value but my feeling is that the cue always loses value after these kinds of mods.
    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
      I believe joins weigh anything from 1.5 - 2 or more.ounces. If your cue is already weighted then there may be some room for adjustment, but I hear that some cuemakers don't like messing with these. Having the join added by JP and keeping receipts might help retain resale value but my feeling is that the cue always loses value after these kinds of mods.
      Cheers mate, I think I'll leave it as it is then :snooker:

Comment

Working...
      X