X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Frankenstein pool cue!

Hi all.

This is my new pool cue.

Its made from leftovers from 2 broken cues. Shaft section from a Peradon Atom and butt from a Cue Craft Falcon. I had the parts made up into a functional cue by the excellent Andy Travis.

As the Cue Craft butt was longer than the original Peradon I was able to specify the length and make it longer than the stock Peradon (55") at a more comfortable 57". I also had the tip size increased to 8.75mm.

EDIT: After checking my cue action and making some measurements Its actually 55" that is more suitable for me. Probably a lot to do with why I played so well with my mates cue!

Ive been playing with a freinds Peradon pool cue and found it to be just a tad too short and the tip a little bit too small for my liking. Hopefully my new 'custom' (lol) cue will fit the bill just right and improve my game. I absoloutely love it so far based on the photos Andy sent me, looks stunning and I cant wait to get my hands on it hopefully tomorrow morning or early afternoon (hurry up postie!).

I also want to add that Andy Travis has been truely fantastic to deal with during the whole process. He was prompt to reply to every email I sent dispite my many questions. His price for the work was very cheap and I didnt expect to see the cue completely re-finnished too for such a cheap price. When he sent me the photos I couldnt beleive my eyes! My freind was with me at the time and looking at the pics he was quite gealous! He didnt think anything could be done with his old bits of broken cue/s!

So here she is...

These are the bits I had to begin with, 250 quids worth of busted cue/s that I got for 40 notes:

The original Peradon butt had multiple splits and a bent join. Someone got angry then lol!:

I'll see if I can get some better photos of it once it arrives.

Thanks for looking

EDIT: Cue arrived this morning!!! Looks as good as it does in the photos. Feels like a much more expensive cue than the orignal parts were from too. Looking forward to using it!
    Last edited by safe t boy; 13 March 2011, 10:12 PM.

Looks good
    Sent you a pm (private message) hopefully you can work out how to open it/respond

Comment

Just replied. I think I've got the hang of this forum now (look, Ive even got an avatar!) lol!

Comment

After initially playing with the cue and being very unimpressed (felt really dead) I noticed the tip wasnt quite right so I changed it for a new Blue Diamond. Played with it this evening and I am really happy with the way it plays! It has a nice solid hit yet there is still a bit of ping in the shaft. Makes a loveley sound when I hit the ball.

Its a tad long though so I'll probably have it shortened and maybe get the centre join replaced with a ash dowel and glued up.

The main reason for getting rid of the centre join is to do with looks more than anything, but It may further improve the feel of the cue and take the balance point back a bit. At the moment its about 17" from the butt (total weight 17oz).

Any opinions on if replacing the centre join will make much difference to the weight and balance point?
        Last edited by safe t boy; 13 March 2011, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Frankenstein............
          Easy on the garlic....

Comment

Yeah, its also a bit like triggers broom!

Ive had the same cue for 25 years, its had 10 new shafts and 8 new butts....

EDIT: Nice avatar

Comment

Originally Posted by safe t boy View Post
              Yeah, its also a bit like triggers broom!

Ive had the same cue for 25 years, its had 10 new shafts and 8 new butts....

EDIT: Nice avatar
              Love it...
              Easy on the garlic....

Comment

I wouldn't move the balance any further back, unless you cannot handle it. If you get used to it, you will find that it is better .... imo
                :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
                  I wouldn't move the balance any further back, unless you cannot handle it. If you get used to it, you will find that it is better .... imo
                  :snooker:
                  Somehow I missed your reply mate.

I've since replaced the blue diamond tip with a Elk and the cues feeling really good now. But I still have a niggle about it being a tad long and the centre join is bugging me too. I'll post a pic later so you can see what I mean.

Trying to decide if I send it back to Andy Travis to have 1" taken off, the middle join removed, and a sd join added to the butt (I know it wouldnt cost much)....

Comment

Working...
                  X