Any badge makers on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any badge makers on here?

I was thinking about taking the badge out of one of my cues, and replacing it with my own custom badge.
    Last edited by firefrets; 9 March 2011, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Glover cues make badges to a professional standard,basically any design inclusive of a nameplate.

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
        Glover cues make badges to a professional standard,basically any design inclusive of a nameplate.
        Ah, thanks.
        I'll do a Photoshop outlay then send it to Tony.

Any idea what he charges?

Comment

If you are able to do a Photoshop outlay or any kind of digital design then I may be able to help you out.

Can you give me an idea of dimensions and material you would like too?
          On Cue Facebook Page
          Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
          Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
            If you are able to do a Photoshop outlay or any kind of digital design then I may be able to help you out.

Can you give me an idea of dimensions and material you would like too?
            Hi Stupree.

The badge currently in it is the Craftsman badge, which seems to be about 17mm, though my eyes are pretty poor without my glasses.

I've not thought about materials at all, so I guess it would be a case of what was available, versus price.

I can start work on a photoshop over the next few days, as about to go into hospital this afternoon for an operation, but if you have any templates I'm all ears. Many thanks.

Comment

Sorry I do not have any templates for you.

What I do have is access to a Laser Cutter/Engraver where I can 'feed' pretty much any digital design for it to cut/engrave with amazing accuracy. I have used it mainly for Technology projects with students at school making personalised Phone Charms using acrylic.

I am interested in this as a little project to see what I can turn out and would only be interested in covering costs for materials on this occasion.

So if you are still interested then just have a think about what you want, spend a little time getting the design right, give me precise measurements and tell me what material you would like.

Good Luck!
              On Cue Facebook Page
              Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
              Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                Sorry I do not have any templates for you.

What I do have is access to a Laser Cutter/Engraver where I can 'feed' pretty much any digital design for it to cut/engrave with amazing accuracy. I have used it mainly for Technology projects with students at school making personalised Phone Charms using acrylic.

I am interested in this as a little project to see what I can turn out and would only be interested in covering costs for materials on this occasion.

So if you are still interested then just have a think about what you want, spend a little time getting the design right, give me precise measurements and tell me what material you would like.

Good Luck!
                Thanks Stupree.
                I've not long got from the hospital, so will work on something and see if I can design a badge over the next week. Will get back to you and appreciate your offer of help very much.

Comment

Originally Posted by firefrets View Post
                  Hi Stupree.

The badge currently in it is the Craftsman badge, which seems to be about 17mm, though my eyes are pretty poor without my glasses.
                  Try using some calipers? *oh no, not this again*

LOL

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post

LOL

*Unzips ... squeezes .... hangs head in shame.

Besides, I'd have to take the badge out wouldn't I?
                    Last edited by firefrets; 2 March 2011, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post

LOL

Comment

You could send stupree the old badge with your design and then you know
                        the new badge would definately fit.
                        Danny
                        Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
                          You could send stupree the old badge with your design and then you know
                          the new badge would definately fit.
                          Danny
                          If it helps anyone else, I rang Dave at Craftsman to confirm, and he kindly told me that the hole was 18mm, and the size of the badge needed is 17.5mm.

Also the tip he gave me for removing a badge was to drill 2 holes in it, and using some pin nose pliers, heat it with a lighter and withdraw it. His badges are metal, so I guess that method heats the glue underneath.

To put another in, he recommended Superglue gel.

Message sent Stupree.

Comment

I was thinking about taking the badge out of one of my cues, and replacing it with my own custom badge.

I have a cue that is about 20 years old, and is my main cue.

I once snapped the ferrule clean off the night before a final, so had a friend take it to Craftsman, who did a wonderful job in taking the old butt off, and replacing it with a new butt, that in turn brought the cue back to length. We also put a new ferrule on, as the ferrule was an emergency job by one of the tournament organizers.

I went on to win the tournament with the short cue, and have always had a soft spot for the cue, as no other cue in the world is the same.

There was another butt that was similar, but this was put on a maple cue, and was sold many years ago.

So, my cue is a bit of a one off, and though Craftsman made the butt, the shaft, and the joints are original, and were made as one of the early Cuecraft cues in the days when they were superb.

I've never been totally happy about having anyone elses badge in it, so have made a decision that the only way I will be truly happy is if I put my own name on a badge, and use that instead, as I am never going to sell this cue, despite being offered serious money for her.

So does anyone here make professional looking badges that could make one up for me with my name on please?

I can discuss a design at a later date.

Many thanks in advance, and will post some pics of the cue.

All the best

Hi Firefrets,

I had a custom badge made/engraved for my Tony Wilshaw cue when i had some alterations done. Its an odd shape and size, see below, looks really good though!

Am i right in thinking yours is a round recess? The only critical things to know are the exact diameter of the badge, and the depth of the recess.

P.M. Me if you want some more info.

Gamma

Comment

Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
                              Hi Firefrets,

I had a custom badge made/engraved for my Tony Wilshaw cue when i had some alterations done. Its an odd shape and size, see below, looks really good though!

Am i right in thinking yours is a round recess? The only critical things to know are the exact diameter of the badge, and the depth of the recess.

P.M. Me if you want some more info.

Gamma
                              Hi bud.

Yes, it's a round recess.
                              I don't have the foggiest idea about the depth of the recess until I get the old badge out, and I wasn't planning on taking the old badge out until I had the new badge, for obvious reasons. I totally forgot to ask Dave from Craftsman when I was on the phone.

Maybe once Stupree gives me the thumbs up on my design I can remove the badge and see what the score is.

Yours looks very good actually. A little invention from the norm always appeals to me. Had I the skill to make a recess without killing my cue, I thought about doing a 'clubs' shape, as in the pack of cards, but the new one will be round.

Cheers for the info, and if I think of anything I need to ask, I'll get back to you. Mostly, it boils down to Stupree agreeing the design, so keeping fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                              X