Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice! Is it worth buying this cue? (John Parris "Classic")=)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice! Is it worth buying this cue? (John Parris "Classic")=)

Need advice!
    My friend is selling cue Jonh Parris "Classic".
    Is it worth buying? He asking 250 GBP for this set (cue, minibutt, towel and case). All in brand new condition.
    I'm not sure about of quality shaft.
    Here are the pics:

In another thread, you give your email address:

Originally Posted by alee90 View Post
    Hi

I'm interesting buying both cues. My email

regonly@bk.ru
    The same email address shows up here: http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...%26prmd%3Divns

And here:
    http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...%26prmd%3Divns

And err .... here:

And here:

So it's obvious you trade in cues, yet you come here, on this forum, to ask our advice on whether you should buy a John Parris cue, plus case, for £250, that 'your friend' is selling.

Don't you find that a bit strange?

Comment

Nice one Inspector firefrets!
      Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Lol...what made you think of that firefrets ??
        In answer to the original question i think £250 is good price, buy it while you can

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Lol...what made you think of that firefrets ??
          In answer to the original question i think £250 is good price, buy it while you can

I'm not saying the lad is dodgy or anything, but more that he probably doesn't need the advice, so if anyone gets offered it then beware.

Comment

I think he might need advice, he may sell cues but I bet they're cheap, maybe he's not used to dealing with more expensive cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by finabb View Post
              I think he might need advice, he may sell cues but I bet they're cheap, maybe he's not used to dealing with more expensive cue.

Well, 10,000 rubles is £218 and he's sold a few of these, so that doesn't strike me as a guy who needs to ask a forum about cues.

If his friend is selling the cue then why not ask his friend? Does he trust complete strangers over his friend?

There are more fake John Parris cues out there than there are real ones. The only thing that exceeds that amount is the amount of folks who are likely to be taken in by a scammer, and buy one, thinking they are getting a great deal.

Like I said, I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but if it doesn't raise your suspicions, then it should.

Comment

Hi everyone!
                Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It is true that I sold a few cues which I buy on Ebay (one snooker set, and one pool set to be exact). I bought them for myself.
                When I realized that they were no good for me, I sold them.
                With the money I decided to buy a cue from the famous brand (John Parris, MW etc.)
                So, real question is: "What's better, buying a cheap model cue from John Parris or buying decent cue and full set of extensions and case from Mastercue, Cue craft, O'min for the same money?"

My goal is to buy a cue that will last me a lifetime. And so I never needed to think more about the cue, and concentrate on practice.

Comment

If that's the case buy the cue, its well worth it.

Comment

The only thing that stops me is the texture of the shaft. The grains looks ugly.
                    And I searching for the quite stiff shaft. I have heard many times that the "mass produce" Parris cues often whippy and made frome very poor quality ash.
                    I mean the cues that are made not so long ago.

Comment

The only thing that stops me is the texture of the shaft. The grains looks ugly.
                      And I searching for the quite stiff shaft. I have heard many times that the "mass produce" Parris cues often whippy and made frome very poor quality ash.
                      I mean the cues that are made not so long ago.
                      You're right it does look ugly, but if it plays well then you cares, also you could play with the 'arrows' facing the baize.

Comment

You get used to what you play with. Do you think perfect arrows would make you play better? Much more important that the shaft feels nice and smooth.
                        Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Hi everyone!
                          Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It is true that I sold a few cues which I buy on Ebay (one snooker set, and one pool set to be exact). I bought them for myself.
                          When I realized that they were no good for me, I sold them.
                          With the money I decided to buy a cue from the famous brand (John Parris, MW etc.)
                          So, real question is: "What's better, buying a cheap model cue from John Parris or buying decent cue and full set of extensions and case from Mastercue, Cue craft, O'min for the same money?"

My goal is to buy a cue that will last me a lifetime. And so I never needed to think more about the cue, and concentrate on practice.
                          Hi mate.

I think you need to spend some time considering your options and trying cues out.

John Parris doesn't make cues any better 'for me' or you, than anyone else, and to understand this is simple, in that if you put 20 Parris cues on a table and try each one, you'll eventually choose one that feels better than all the others. Basically, 19 of them were no good to you.

This will be the same with every supplier on the planet.

So, to find your perfect cue isn't about the brand name, but about the choices available to try.

If you are able to try your friends cue, then try others also, and if that one plays the best buy it. Just don't buy it because it is a Parris cue.

Any cue you play with should be long enough that you can follow through the ball without moving forward from your designated cue action. It should hit the ball without you getting vibrations, and it should be of a weight that feels useful to you as opposed to too heavy or light.

Try noth maple and ash. I used ash for 30 years, and then bought maple and loved it too.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X