Wanted Powerglide Connoisseur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Powerglide Connoisseur

Powerglide Connoisseur wanted for a friend of mine he is looking for a 1 piece if possible in ash or maple as long it is in a decent condition if any one has one or know any one who has please let me know as he has been after one of these for years.

Anyone with any information on anyone thats selling one post specifications and prices on this post.

Thanks Matt

look a few threads down, seem to remember one appearing over the weekend...

Comment

Thanks ill have a look

Comment

I have just been offered one of these cues for £170 i have seen the cue it is in pretty decent condition the only bad point that the badge plate has faded, the cue is in a 1 piece form and a ash shaft,

What does everyone think about this particular cue and is the price any good let me know.

Regards Matt

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
          I have just been offered one of these cues for £170 i have seen the cue it is in pretty decent condition the only bad point that the badge plate has faded, the cue is in a 1 piece form and a ash shaft,

What does everyone think about this particular cue and is the price any good let me know.

Regards Matt
          Expensive, expensive, expensive

Comment

Well i have a 2 piece version that cost me exactly 1/3 of that ! One piece is more desirable i suppose, but either i got a great bargain or your being charged too much lol....who can say which is right ?

Comment

Ok then boys ill see how much i can get him down too

Comment

Hi jrc, what is the joint made from?

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                  Hi jrc, what is the joint made from?
                  Just went and took a pic....looks like a very hard plastic to me ??

Comment

when I was playing my best snooker 20+ years ago I played with a two piece power glide but couldn't remember the model. I didn't know that the connoisseur came as a two piece. Now seeing your pictures I would say that mine could have been a connoisseur. Do you know what other models where around at that time.
                    regards cazmac

Comment

Was the Connoisseur above or below the Purist in the line-up? The Purist was £70 to buy new back then and I very nearly purchased one. How much was the Connoisseur?
                      Last edited by limecc; 21 April 2011, 09:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

There was also the Executive and the Statesman, but don't know what order they went in, but the Connoisseur is only multi-spliced one so maybe is top of the pile ??

Comment

Is there more than one version as i have a pool partner who has one and his badge is totally different it has a metal badge with etched detailing and like clear little gems around the badge was this badge in production or could it be an after badge as my friend doesnt know

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
                            Is there more than one version as i have a pool partner who has one and his badge is totally different it has a metal badge with etched detailing and like clear little gems around the badge was this badge in production or could it be an after badge as my friend doesnt know
                            Do you mean a badge similar to this ?
                            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FRED-DAVIES-PO...item20b8a14b9f

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              There was also the Executive and the Statesman, but don't know what order they went in, but the Connoisseur is only multi-spliced one so maybe is top of the pile ??
                              I still play with an Executive.......
                              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Working...
                              X