Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
    I still play with an Executive.......
    If I remember it was very nice aswell, I think I paid around £35 for my cue but I could be wrong it might have been more

Comment

I think the machine spliced Executive must be near bottom of the pile at about £30 like you say Cazmac. Purist was hand spliced Ebony and much more upmarket. I guess the Connoisseur is the next one up due to the extra splices, but I would have to say the more traditional Purist appeals more to me personally.

A chance I took getting a Purist for my nephew from Ebay recently paid off. The chevrons may not be perfect, and it's a little short with a finer tip than I prefer but absolutely like new and hardly played with. Came with a case for £30!

I've got an old Gunn&Moore advert featuring three hand spliced cues. In order of rank, the Sendor, Connoisseur, and the 'Custom Built' which looks really tasty. First two are maple, the Custom Built is ash. The attached pdf file is not the advert in question, but I'll scan it and upload that as well.
      Last edited by limecc; 21 April 2011, 11:19 PM. Reason: Attached pdf file

Comment

Nice ad, I would say that my cue must have been the executive with a centre joint. Whats the history of the power glide? where they made in england or mass produced aboard?

Comment

I think the badge is very similar i will try and a picture of it next time i see him

Comment

Heres the different badge i think this looks lots better than the normal transfers on the butt end

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
              Nice ad, I would say that my cue must have been the executive with a centre joint. Whats the history of the power glide? where they made in england or mass produced aboard?
              Anybody???????????

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                Anybody???????????
                On the left hand side of that pdf it says
                "Every PowerGlide cue is manufactured by PowerGlide Master Craftsmen at our own factory in England".

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]7159[/ATTACH]

Heres the different badge i think this looks lots better than the normal transfers on the butt end
                  I think that looks bloomin awful tbh!
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Old cue collector --
                  Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                  (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                    I think that looks bloomin awful tbh!
                    Looks like somebody has used a marker pen and coloured it in!
                    One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7159[/ATTACH]

I reckon that must be a very early cue. Maybe the pre-Gunn & Moore days?
                      I agree it looks very classy. I'd pay a premium for it. Why TW and JP stay with a boring disc (that is easily forged) is beyond me. Can you imagine 'ye olde ash' or 'eureka' cues with a round disc?

Comment

Does anybody have a cue with the CONVERTA joint in?

Comment

Originally Posted by limecc View Post
                          I reckon that must be a very early cue. Maybe the pre-Gunn & Moore days?
                          I agree it looks very classy. I'd pay a premium for it. Why TW and JP stay with a boring disc (that is easily forged) is beyond me. Can you imagine 'ye olde ash' or 'eureka' cues with a round disc?
                          I cant imagine them in gaudy colours complete with costume jewlary, thats for sure!
                          Last edited by perpetualboredom; 22 April 2011, 08:50 PM.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Old cue collector --
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I dont know why but i quite like the badge but the colour must have worn a little as the cue is so old so i would loved to see what it looked like when brand new

Comment

I dont know why but i quite like the badge but the colour must have worn a little as the cue is so old so i would loved to see what it looked like when brand new
                              Maybe it looked a bit like this , i just bought it on the bay, bit of a gamble with having no specs etc, but looks like maple and badge in great condition (your favourite design perpetualboredom lol) kinda hoping rest of cue is in good condition too so took a punt....and price is lower than a night out lol
                              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Maybe it looked a bit like this , i just bought it on the bay, bit of a gamble with having no specs etc, but looks like maple and badge in great condition (your favourite design perpetualboredom lol) kinda hoping rest of cue is in good condition too so took a punt....and price is lower than a night out lol
                                http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
                                Very tasteful... fancy a medallion to go with it?
                                Old cue collector --

Comment

Working...
                                X